Explosion in Nashville, Tennessee

That’s scary, with the inauguration coming up.

4 Likes

Scary, but pure speculation. If there’s no follow-up incident tomorrow, it can be discarded.

4 Likes

I’ve given this some thought…and given that 5G conspiracists are attacking telecommunications towers recently, I’m thinking it’s definitely 5G-related, with a little Coronavirus and Q thrown in for added flavor.

16 Likes

I work at a major carrier, we switched all the 5G towers from COVID back to make-everyone-gay like, 6 months ago, I don’t know what they’re complaining about.

I guess we’ll have to reconfigure the ear-cancer beams again.

42 Likes

What if you’re gay already? Does it switch you to cis, or does one become amazingly gay (gay AND amazing), like Alan Turing or Ian McKellen?

21 Likes

If you’re already gay, it turns you trans as well. If you’re already gay and trans, it makes you an Anarcho-syndicalist.

25 Likes

Was thinking the same thing, re: the IRA. Warn people away, cause mayhem, then let the disruption of business-as-usual be a big part of the damage. Not to discount people the IRA did kill or wound.

But agreed - this one is harder to parse, unless this was “predicted” by Q or some other wacky shenanigans.

4 Likes

The warnings beforehand make me think of an IRA tactic. They also often warned the public and police of their bombings.

The upshot is that it lowers the risk to the local public and police who can evacuate in time. The downside is that this is the tactic of an organisation with a long-term objective who don’t want to alienate certain possible allies.

5 Likes

I think you hit the nail on the head there…
From skimming through Reddit I get the impression that plenty of people are willing to make a considerable concession because of the 15 minute warning given. (Fuck disabled people right?) If the terrorist(s) turns out to be from ‘their’ side my guess is that tens of thousands are willing to go into full support mode and throw in the PA announcement as an argument whenever they meet opposition.

14 Likes

Pride 2021 is going to be lit

2 Likes

There were layoffs this year at AT&T. Because the AT&T building appears to be a target, this could have been a former employee.

2 Likes

No doubt the same sort who also say it’s ok to murder black people who destroy property without hurting anyone.

15 Likes

I believe this was a propane tank leak/explosion, these RV’s typically have a slightly larger propane tank. My only question would be what was making the audible warning. Could it have been a nearby building’s warning system that detected the gas? And they just assumed the sound was coming from the RV? Possibly.

The “gunshots”… Ehh I think that could have just been a coincidence and not even related. The other thing about the explosion in “15 minutes” we haven’t heard that audio at all. Only the “evacuate the area” which could be a local gas leak detector in a building.

And the Grey Lady expands to add, “AT&T experienced outages, which forced the Federal Aviation Administration to temporarily halt flights out of the Nashville International Airport

This really does look like something intended to disrupt specific infrastructure for some reason, as was noted above:

Whether it is at all connected to the Solarwinds breach (which isn’t actually new, just newly exposed) I have no idea – but one must wonder if that ATT location was more crucial to maintaining a specific network than is immediately obvious. Was it intended to take out the airport for a bit, for some reason? Was it some other target? I seriously doubt that we will know. But it’s certainly worth speculating about.

10 Likes

I would say, the value of the Solarwinds hack diminishes everyday as now exposed vulnerabilities are patched, adding urgency to the task for those who would capitalize on it. Even if the Nashville attack was unrelated I’m sure this may have presented an opportunity . I must say I am a little surprised the ATT building backup power was maintained by a gas fed generator; this apparently was the reason power was interrupted there; the gas was cut off, and the batteries couldn’t sustain for very long. My experience, which is long out of date, would have expected a diesel generator with fuel onsite and relatively easily replenished if neccessary . As for the impact of the loss of the ATT facility; all sorts of services you may not imagine will be dependent . Radar for airports is one example; first responder radio systems are another. Arguably both shouldn’t be, and can be established without use of shared infrastructure, but the cost…

10 Likes

That’s an interesting theory at variance with the evidence. You’re old enough to remember all the bombings that happened in the 70’s - and that different groups had similar warnings before their bombs went off.

One example:

“ At around 14:30, three phone calls were made warning of a bomb in Omagh, using the same codeword that had been used in the Real IRA’s bombing in Banbridge two weeks earlier: “Martha Pope”.[31][32][33

13 Likes

larger than what

13 Likes

Larger than the slightly smaller ones of course?

14 Likes

A breadbox?

8 Likes

tank

17 Likes