FBI raided Manafort's home

If I didn’t know. I’d say this was a quote. Seriously.

The raid was the 26th, though.

1 Like

Ah, I missed that part. But it does explain why he went nuts on Sessions the morning of the 26th.

4 Likes

And here I assumed it was just a quote. :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Their logic doesn’t work that way. They believe everybody is equally corrupt and dishonest. 30 years of Rush Limbaugh, followed by the rest of wing-media catering to conspiracy theories and soothing anti-reality narratives for profit, has normalized the idea of thoroughly corrupt and despicable leaders. They are just happy to have a despicable leader on the their side for once.

So, at their core, they believe the deep state isn’t lying or faking evidence. They believe that the deep state is just the “other team” no better and no worse than their team.

5 Likes

Is that a, um, Kenyan enthusiastic spectator? Fetch me the dog whistle!

1 Like

Given his campaign work; maybe a conditional creature manipulation ability?

Manafort, 1/1 Human Mercenary
Special ability:

If you play a creature with converted mana cost greater than the converted mana cost of a creature controlled by target player; tap manafort and pay the converted mana cost of the target creature to return it to owner’s graveyard.

I should think anybody with a track record like Manafort’s would know how to keep himself safe from “enthusiastic” investigation. If he’s going to go to the trouble of editing documents, then turning them over, it would be foolish to keep the original versions anywhere near the “new and improved ones”.

2 Likes

Hah… 4D chess indeed.

The thing about Trump is that because he tweets so much random stuff you can find correlations everywhere you look.

1 Like

I imagine that in cases like this, the FBI goes into a home knowing exactly what they need and where it is. They’d been tracking / recording him for at least a year at that point. He must have said or provided something in testimony the day before that they knew was false and wanted to retrieve a piece of evidence to prove it.

Like most of trump’s collaborators, Manafort seems like the type that behind the scenes would be begging for a deal. Prosecutors seem to be building a case without him. All the better.

1 Like

This is one of those situations where you ignore the two screaming loons wagging their dicks at each, and keep an eye on their neighbors - As certainly as we have spies in Pyongyang, we don’t have a FRACTION the number of agents that are there from China, Japan and SK; This is THEIR backyard, and any shit that goes down there will affect them first. They have a MUCH better grasp of what’s actually going on there.

As long as none of them are acting spooked - Closing borders or embassies, recalling ambassadors, mobilizing armed forces, high-ranking government leaders suddenly becoming less visible, etc, etc, then we have nothing to really worry about…

4 Likes

James Buchanan, he’s not Trump!

3 Likes

I assume debates like this have already happened:

A: President X was the worst president ever.
B: What about Trump?
A: Obviously we’re not including Trump.

6 Likes

It’s only fair. He wrecks the curve for worst of the worst.

3 Likes

I was just reviewing the list, and I have to say, they should really highlight William Henry Harrison on it.

Those below that line are in the, “Would have been better if they’d died in their first month” club, and there are quite a few below it.

2 Likes

The first month of their presidency, or the first month of life?

1 Like

This sent my brain off on a massive tangent related to thinking about whether it’s better for kids to die at a young age, do dark irrelevant humour ahead: I was watching a comedian talking about vaccines (was it Chelsea Handler?) who was saying that the odds of your kid dying from a vaccine are about 1 in 1.3 million, but that doesn’t make parents feel better because everyone thinks their kid is one in a million. But to put it in perspective your kid has about ten times that chance of being executed by the state for committing murder. And if that doesn’t make you feel better just remember that maybe your kid will be one of those murderers who doesn’t get caught.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.