FBI randomly releases documents from Trump's 1973 racial discrimination case

Maybe with the same effect but less planning, some parts of the FBI really hated Hillary but have been realizing since Trump won that he’s an absolute disaster, far worse than they expected.

Wouldn’t have made any difference.
He still has his 45% of support.
They are unmoved.
Knowing that he engaged in segregational practices would make them love him even more. If possible.

9 Likes

How does this generate sympathy? Most people have rented; most people have at least one shitty landlord in their history. That’s pretty personal, and that gets remembered at an emotional level.

1 Like

Pretty sure that sign reads:
“Thank You JESUS, FOR Lord PRESIDENT TRUMP”

Also, that baby is not nearly as happy as his mother…

10 Likes

He and his father were treated very unfairly – totally unfair.

4 Likes

I should be clearer: it could generate some sympathy among Trump’s more racist supporters. And other supporters might find reasons not to care about something that “happened 40 years ago, get over it. Not like the Civil War, that was only 150 years ago!” etc.

Just trying to present one possible edge case for why Trump’s team might have caused this; I don’t really think they did. It seems more likely that the FBI is piling this on because they’ve decided for one reason or another Trump’s got to go.

1 Like

Don’t matter, still 6 months late.

2 Likes

The FBI is large and contains multitudes. All it took to throw the election was one trump supporter in a supervisory role in one district office.

All it took to release this stuff today was one person who doesn’t approve of Trump in a supervisory role in the branch of the records office devoted to declassifying files that no longer have a reason to be kept secret.

7 Likes

I got ‘thank you trump / Lord Jesus for President’

6 Likes

We know how Trump feels about crying babies.

4 Likes

The question is, whether it would have moved anyone who didn’t vote. And in what direction…

7 Likes

Citation please.

5 Likes

How is this late? No offense but everyone knew about this court case and it was mentioned for the last 1.5 years.

3 Likes

I suppose that Old Man Trump knows just how much racial hate
He stirred up in that bloodpot of human hearts
When he drawed that color line
Here at his Beach Haven family project

Beach Haven ain’t my home!
No, I just can’t pay this rent!
My money’s down the drain,
And my soul is badly bent!
Beach Haven is Trump’s Tower
Where no black folks come to roam,
No, no, Old Man Trump!
Old Beach Haven ain’t my home!

I’m calling out my welcome to you and your man both
Welcoming you here to Beach Haven
To love in any way you please and to have some kind of a decent place
To have your kids raised up in.

Beach Haven ain’t my home!
No, I just can’t pay this rent!
My money’s down the drain,
And my soul is badly bent!
Beach Haven is Trump’s Tower
Where no black folks come to roam,
No, no, Old Man Trump!
Old Beach Haven ain’t my home!

8 Likes

Yeah – I have some 19th century books where the pages have yellowed less than the first paperbacks I bought in the late 1970s.

2 Likes

Yes indeed, tRump is a bitch also :wink:

(From the department of truth-in-missing-pronouns)

1 Like

This is something I furst heard a former senator describe in an interview a few years ago. I can’t remember who it was.

It’s hard to find links to concrete evidence of the practice. Most sites that cover this aspect of the FBI seem a bit conspiratorial.

But it is a well esteblished fact that Hoover had files on politicians. He didn’t just keep these files for his own amusement. Here is an aricle that touches on the subject of FBI blackmail.

There is no reason to assume they would discontinue a practice that worked so well.

2 Likes

Late because I think evidence of Trump’s racism would have entered the discourse before the election, and could have swayed some people not to vote for him, possibly changing the outcome of the election.

2 Likes

Hillary brought this case up repeatedly in the debates, pointing out the on-record claim that Fred & Donald told employees to put a “C” for ‘colored’ on renter applications from black people.

Trump’s defense was:
• No!
• Okay, yes, but we settled that case without admitting guilt!
• Hillary’s so dumb, she doesn’t even know what “C” stands for!

It made no impact.

11 Likes

That’s not how proof works. Nor is that how assumption works. Maybe my issue is more about thats not how reason works? Heck, that’s not even how insinuation works. That’s just a FUD argument. Citation works, asserting your opinion as fact any further isn’t going to be a good out. I hear your claims, I don’t know how you came to such a strong opinion without evidence. Here is some to remember, this is what your argument has to overcome.

Assuming Hoover did do all that, and assuming it worked well, there is still this:

J. Edgar Hoover began working at the Justice Department One Hundred Years Ago.

Headed the FBI from Eighty Two years ago until Forty Five years ago, when he died.

So my question is, what other thing, other than this secret dossier and helpful visit program for every elected official, and assuming that you can’t prove it because it’s secret, well, if it was such a good plan and it worked so well, what ELSE from Hoovers time remains as unchanged as that, written or unwritten?

And how might any of the unwritten institutional knowledges (like these helpful visits you claim) been passed down to modern agents?

What else hasn’t changed since then? the cars? the guns? the wiretaps? Driving techniques? the number of states? Secret handshakes?

Occam’s razor isn’t on your side, please offer proof at least of such continuity in any other aspect of their operations.