FBI randomly releases documents from Trump's 1973 racial discrimination case

Good god man, what terrifying creature could possibly be happier than that baby’s mother? I mean based on that photo she’s short steps away from a Clive Barker Hellraiser-esque pleasure/pain feedback loop.

5 Likes

What you mean is Hillary lost anyway. You don’t know that it made “no impact”.

Nobody that supported Trump would trust anything that Clinton said. Its not the same as material from the FBI, and its not the same as the Press picking up the story, running with it, and questioning Trump about it.

One thing for sure, its not going to make a shit of difference now.

1 Like

We definitely learned repeatedly during the election that Hillary could state actual facts that came directly from the FBI, but a simple hand wave from Trump would somehow dismiss them. And the press has questioned Trump about that particular story since the 70s, repeatedly – Dave Letterman even asked him about it on his show – but somehow it never makes much of a dent on ol’ Trump.

10 Likes

Not the same as questioning facts from an FBI investigation. And as much as I love David Letterman, he is a comic, and Trump followers would dismiss whatever he said.

1 Like

It was 73… so it was probably mimeographed documents. I’ve seen those in archives before - they can be a pain to read and they tend not to scan/print well.

5 Likes

3 Likes

And the mimeograph stuff looks the worst of the lot…

2 Likes

I agree with you, but I think that has as much to do with Hillary as it does to do with Trump. Just enough people decided at the last minute that, as bad as Trump was, Hillary was worse.

Hopefully, she won’t run again.

I’m sure some people felt that way. A lot of people (as we know by the election data) also decided that Hillary was such a shoo-in that it wasn’t really worth their time to show up. “I mean, seriously, nobody’s going to actually vote for that Trump guy! Haha!”

4 Likes

Holy crap, I’ve seen pictures of Klan rallies that weren’t that white.

10 Likes

Or even half as deranged looking; talk about a bad case of the ‘crazy eyes…’

6 Likes

Pentagon trolls Trump
https://warisboring.com/did-the-pentagons-twitter-account-subtweet-donald-trump-a44cbd2c7413#.4r5191mes

National Park Service trolls Trump

Now the FBI trolls Trump. This is getting fun!

7 Likes

that gif explains the ladies facial expression, she met bullshit in person.

3 Likes

It was a matter of public record that he and his father had to settle this case and that government agents posing as renter’s caught them discriminating in the 1970s. The files contain more details but the parameters of this were well known. This is hardly the only time Trump got caught doing things like this too.

4 Likes

@AcerPlatanoides
@M_Dub

I didn’t realize I was making a controversial statement.

I thought the FBI’s observation of and interference with prominent people and political organizations was a well recognized fact. And their actions over the past few months shows they are still quite politically engaged.

Why this sudden defense of the FBI’s methods?

1 Like

We’re not defending the FBI, we’re calling your bullshit the bullshit it is. Nice try, though!

1 Like

Except it was known. Woody Guthrie wrote a song about the first round of it and the NY Urban League released their statements and a lot of their documentation over the summer.

For most of us, it was another example of the many reasons he was unqualified, and there was such a Gish Gallop of awful that giving much attention to any specific set of dreck would have required 30 hour newsdays and a journalist corps about 4 times bigger. (Also, half of their time had to be devoted to whatever they considered equivalent scandal on the other side as a sop to fairness and balance, and thus we spent months discussing an email server.) And I don’t think many of us actually believed this was possible.

Among the more racist set of supporters… this was a positive.

“Randomly”

I make no defense against methods used 45 years ago.

the point made in your comment is your opinion, your assumption are, perhaps a bit insulting of your audience, and your leap to believe that it’s the content and not the form of your fallacy that has drawn attention is boring, to me. That’s my whole response to it.

I’m mildly offended you asked me believe anything with that as evidence. What a pile! Thank you for the laugh. I guess. I’m out.

Thank You, Lord FOR JESUS, PRESIDENT TRUMP

I have said at least the last three words of that every day since he was inaugurated.

7 Likes