FBI randomly releases documents from Trump's 1973 racial discrimination case

Reminds me of how J. Edgar Hoover could ‘influence’ US presidents.

1 Like

In the 1960s and early 1970s, sure. It is 2017.

2 Likes

The FBI was instrumental in forcing Michael Flynn out. And this very BB article is about the FBI releasing decades-old files in retaliation against the president. This all happened within the past week. These are the kind of activities I was writing about.

Other posters here have started writing about “the deep state,” I wasn’t going that far.

This article is about the FBI releasing dirt from their files to retaliate against the president. This is the kind of thing I was writing about and it happened yesterday.

I’m out too.

You could well be right, but the polls just before the election showed her with just a 1-3% lead. I know I was far from confident.

I am right. Many polls showed a far greater lead.

But they aren’t decades old secret blackmail files, which is what Hoover used to keep. They are copies of a case that the public was well aware of and which was brought up during the campaign. This is non-news except for the timing of the release. There is very little likely in these files that folks didn’t already know.

If they had released transcripts of illegal recordings or of them blackmailing him, that would be news. Think of what they did to MLK or Malcolm X. This? This is the files around a public court case.

He began his campaign with a trumpet-call of extreme and blatant racism. The GOP base love Trump because he’s a bigot.

5 Likes

I hate to sound conspiritorial, but after Edward Snowden’s revelations, why would you assume this information doesn’t exist?

It was recorded phone calls that brought down Flynn.

Because we are discussing the FBI not the NSA.

Well they got the recordings somehow.

1 Like

Which recordings are you talking about now and what does that have to do with your conspiracy theory?

Oh gods, yes. Did you know that 30 year old mimeograph no longer smells like alcohol and starts smelling like vinegar and dirty feet? I’m not sure I ate that semester, I was nauseated so much.

I am just old enough to have had mimeograph/dittos in early elementary school. I loved that lovely purple and that smell, and there’s now a reason I’m a big advocate for document best practices. Paper survives, but it’s got to start with good practice.

2 Likes

If you read my earlier comment, it is clear I am writing about the recordings of Michael Flynn’s telephone conversations wih the Russian ambassador.

Not a conspiracy theory. It was all over the news earlier thus week.

these activities?

You can’t prove the everything, anyone, and all in your assertion. Using those words doesn’t add oomph to your assertions, it makes them not implausible, but impossble.

I really don’t enjoy other peoples urine on my trouser leg. Can I please encourage you to find a more constructive hobby than bearing false witness? I mean, what’s in it for you?

1 Like

Yes, strangely, our foreign intelligence folks may record calls to Russian leaders. Ok? And?

What does this have to do with the dirty tricks the Hoover era FBI was doing?

You’ve offered no proof, just your opinion, about a variety of things to do with the FBI and the current (say…the last decade or two) era.

2 Likes

Indeed! Fortunately, much of the documents I looked at that were mimeographed were actually copies of the mimeographs (with some originals stuck in there).

Me too! Just barely, though.

And of course, document best practices means that future historians have access to the raw materials of their work…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.