FedEx fires driver who recorded himself saying he won't deliver packages to houses with Biden and BLM flags

Sadly when I see the stars/stripes flag I no longer think it means anything about the love of a constitutional United States. It doesn’t feel inclusive of all the people, it’s not about the melting pot of humans united under one flag. It feels like yet another part of the country that could have been had it not decided that hate and greed are the guiding values now. Maybe we need an asterisk flag that says this flag is inclusive of all people color, faith, political affiliation

13 Likes

That is eerily similar to the Bible issue…don’t ya think?

Arrested Development Flirt GIF

4 Likes

The good news is thanks to that MAGA Flex, now other companies know not to hire him.

6 Likes

Just out of curiosity, anyone know of similar stories of public or other workers acting like this, but on the other end of the political spectrum?

The only lefty equivalent I can think of is the books-to-prisoners volunteers who won’t fill requests for Norse mythology/Nazi history/German language books from prisoners who are obviously studying up on their white supremacist traditions.

12 Likes

I mean the obvious equivalent is someone at FedEx/UPS/USPS/Door Dash, etc not delivering to a house that has a Trump sign in the yard.

While I am sure has happened at least once, but maybe they were smart enough to not post about it on TikTok.

3 Likes

Trying to martyr himself for the attention, I’m sure.

These are the same people who think that Lee Greenwood song is good… They also probably enjoy praise music…

Sarah Silverman Eww GIF by HULU

So it’s EVEN worse, then, on his part. It was all performative nonsense to show how he’s the one as a white man…

17 Likes

Thanks, I knew there had to be at least one. And while I figured I would sympathize with it more than this other jackassery, it’s also telling that from the lefty side, it comes of the form of trying to prevent further harm by not supporting a violent ideology, and from the righty side it’s about controlling people and punishing them if they don’t toe the line.

15 Likes

The text of the law states that “The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.” Section 8(k).

9 Likes

There are three US flags in our little bitty town. The post office, city hall and the fire station. All of them are so tattered it’s embarrassing. I’m not even that big on flags, but they are pathetic.

Someone I know went to the fire department and offered to buy them a new flag and ask the boy scouts to honorably destroy the old one, but they were told to mind their own business. o_0

Need I mention that this is trump country?

21 Likes

Unusual to have a corporate response that can’t be argued with because it’s justified :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He posted another video claiming he actually quit and posted what he claimed were chats with his boss but they were just text message logs which are stupidly easy to fake. So either he’s lying in the final video and was actually fired or his earlier video was done with the plan that he was about to quit anyways and was just for clout.

3 Likes

I foresee tons and tons of xxl dildo shipments, and 50 gallon drums of lube.

(I mean, what sort of federal facility do I have to hold an armed occupation of to get free dildos and lube?)

3 Likes

I got news for you, Sparky.
Flying a flag doesn’t make you a patriot any more than wearing a cross makes you a christian.
Good idea making a video showing any future employers your work ethic & morals.
Find a place with MAGA/Confederate/QAnon signs out front.
You’ll fit right in.

5 Likes

Hashtag I’m not a lawyer.

It’s very likely that this doesn’t break any laws. FedEx is a private company and isn’t subject to these laws. There are likely some strange edge cases such as the USPS contracting out work to FedEX, then FedEx hires this guy to do the work. However, at least from what I’ve seen USPS tends to contract individuals directly for excess letter delivery.

Mail laws exist because the Postal Service itself is a direct extension of the federal government. The actions and duties of the Post office are carried out by the post master general which is a cabinet level position. Part of the reason why it’s illegal to destroy mail is there have been several attempts on making the Postal Service unconstitutional on first amendment grounds. The argument being because the postal service has a monopoly on letter delivery the executive branch can restrict free assembly if they direct the destruction of certain letters or newspapers (which it totes has done in times of war but let’s not get into that).

2 Likes

Is flying a flag ever not performative?

(ETA: I guess when it’s a distress flag. Or surrender, or signal flags)

4 Likes

Not for a lower rung MAGA kind of person.

It’s only the higher ups that have any sort of, well, knowledge.

1 Like

warren-miller-flagless-in-a-patriotic-zone-new-yorker-cartoon_a-G-9189764-8419447

12 Likes

truly reprehensible, but only slightly worse than what i’ve come to expect from fedex already.

It looks like that around here sometimes too. Only with these flags:

HabsCarFlag

Consequences culture.