Ferrari driver ignores "no parking" signs and finds his car in inconvenient spot

This happens regularly in our own street market where people simply ignore the signs and then come along on Saturday morning to discover their car is now part of a stall. But it’s quite an issue for the traders - they have to pay for their sites and if part of their site is taken up by a car they may lose quite a lot of trade.
However, so far no Ferraris because, unlike Brighton, people who don’t work at Canary Wharf can still afford to live here. (Brighton has some of the most expensive parking on Earth.)

3 Likes

Just gonna leave this here.

2 Likes

Maybe used car boots would sell swiftly at such a market.

I don’t think that “story” would have made the news it was a normal car like a Fiat Panda or a Toyota Camry.

1 Like

Happened to my parents (and my brother and I) in Oslo in 1975. Camper van with UK plates. We had found what we thought was a quiet place to sleep but woke up in the middle of a market.

1 Like

To be fair, like 80% of Chapala is covered in vendors blankets.

If it was a Panda they could probably have paid someone to help carry it out.

Hmm. The YouTube account of the person that posted the video has been terminated.

I wonder if it’s because the Ferrari owner had enough pull to make the video go away?

It’s cute how you try to make 40 miles seem like some significant distance.

2 Likes

On YouTube, all the pull you need is simply to claim that someone else’s content is yours second. Then you can suppress whatever you want.

No evidence has to be presented, and YouTube does all the work of censoring everyone else at your request for free.

2 Likes

It’s enough for Brighton to be in a different county.

4 Likes

Brighton is not London, period. It’s an old coastside resort with a very different vibe. Recently it’s become a hipster hive, and it’s definitely full of people working in London (how else could they afford a Ferrari?), but London proper it isn’t, not even “Greater London”, unless you consider the whole South of England as “London”.

1 Like

Bollocks, it’s London-by-the-Sea. Far nicer than the original London and it’s not a hipster hive; it’s always been full of weirdos and fashionable types.

Having lived there on and off since 2000 I’ll defend it and hate on it how I see fit. Shan’t defend the parking prices though…

1 Like

Well, working-class it isn’t for sure…

To me, London is basically SW1 and the residential belt immediately around it. If you include Brighton into “London”, then you might as well add South Wales and the whole SouthEast.

I hope the ferrari caught fleas.
On a side note Cruise and Kidman owned a house just a stones throw from Brighton Marina whilst they were together but just around the corner is the large White Hawk housing estate.

There’s plenty of radgies in Brighton too, if’n you look under the right rock.

Maybe in ‘the worst pub in Brighton’?

(When I last visited Brighton, I was impressed that all the discarded syringes on the beach had needle caps on- most considerate.)

1 Like

That seems like a perfectly entertaining evening out, having read the article.

1 Like

OK, London makes sense, but why Liverpool? Is it just because that’s where the Beatles came from?

1 Like

SW1 isn’t even London - it’s mainly Westminster.

My favourite US explanation of British geography* goes something like this:

England consists of London and the North. London has two main suburbs: Stratford and Bath.
The North includes Scotland, where people wear kilts and play golf, and Liverpool, where the Beatles, Rolling Stones etc. came from.
Over to the left is Ireland, which is occupied by the British Army and full of heroic freedom fighters.

*edit - provided by a US colleague from Boston who found himself in the Mid-West, and describing the people he had to work with.

2 Likes