Ferrari driver ignores "no parking" signs and finds his car in inconvenient spot

Hang on. Don’t lump everyone in the US into that basket of deplorablism. Maybe I’m an outlier, but I’ve watched enough British television, like Antiques Roadshow UK, Wheeler Dealers, Time Team, and lots of BBC historical documentaries to be more familiar with the layout of the land than that. And it’s surprising how much of that stuff is available on Youtube these days. It’s almost like the BBC doesn’t give a crap about copyrights.

Sorry, and I will edit the post to clarify.
The explanation was provided as a joke by a US colleague describing the level of knowledge of most of the people he knew.

4 Likes

That’s about the distance between Ann Arbor (generally thought of as a lovely place) and Detroit (the city the planet loves to hate).

1 Like

Thanks for proving my point. BTW, that’s getting renovated for realzies - groundbreaking was in May.

1 Like

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

It’s where Elvis Costello and Echo and the Bunnymen are from!

3 Likes

Well, I did grow up in Ohio…

Yes, sorry, I use that as shorthand for central London, which is technically SW1, EC, WC, W1.

We also think the North looks like this:

And that it remembers.

That depends on your ethnicity! :wink:

2 Likes

Everyone knows that the best British music comes from Manchester!

2 Likes

Well The Clash are from London, they get my vote as #1!

Two words: Joy Division.

1 Like

I heard “London calling” in my local supermarket (Morrisons) just the other day. I wasn’t sure whether to be amused, horrified, or both.

For the record, Manchester can also draw on Smiths, Stone Roses, Oasis, recently Blossoms… but to be fair, the city has changed a lot; it’s less economically desperate, hence less musically interesting. The real frontiers at the moment are the NorthEast and London’s grime-fuelled ghettos.

2 Likes

Aren’t the Buzzcocks also from Manchester?

1 Like

Bolton, so yeah

2 Likes

would you say that you were

?

2 Likes

Also Inspiral Carpets and Happy Mondays.

1 Like

Madchester indeed!

Sadly I know.

The crime rate against LBGT people is high there too.

It’s like a food truck, but for espresso

1 Like