First trailer for 'Star Trek: Picard'

Wow, so Star Trek: Picard is going to have Picard in it? That was, uh, informative.

Though the “why did you retire, Admiral?” part makes me wonder if this is going to be a Trekified version of The Prisoner.

6 Likes

I think it holds plenty water.

I liked Enterprise and better than most of TNG which has aged poorly, although TNG has some great episodes. DS9 started well, and the premise of exploring religion in the Trek universe was cool, but the series devolved into Pew! Pew! Did not like Voyager (I liked the animated series better). I am really loving Discovery for the most part for so many reasons (the baroque klingons! Queer Starfleet! Prince & Bowie! Michelle-Fucking-Yeoh! The layers of fake out in season 1! And I like the main cast a lot). The cast of Abrams’ reboot is promising, but in general they have had dumb-ass writing. Stewart was one of the best things about TNG for me, and I really look forward to what he and they do with the new series. All the series have their gaffes (including TOS), and their high points.

3 Likes

I would thrive on a Trek-Prisoner mashup.

5 Likes

Quite.

2 Likes

How DARE you say that about my TV Dad?!

6 Likes

There’s a certain kind of geek who nerds out by rewatching Moon and Sunshine in the same weekend.

4 Likes

Ashamed to say I still haven’t seen Sunshine. It’s one of those must-sees that slipped through the cracks. Thanks for the reminder!

2 Likes

I dont know; looks and feels almost like an ad for california wine. thats the vibe I get. kinda off-putting.

eta/

haha, there you go.

2 Likes

Please just have him say “Bevahley!” a few times.

2 Likes

Hey, I resemble that remark! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Supposedly “Picard: Man of Action” in the latter TNG films was at his behest…so I would think no. But based on his statements about bringing the character back, maybe he has a little better grasp on it. I myself am excited that Micheal Chabon is on the writing staff: Star Trek: Michael Chabon on Writing For Patrick Stewart as Picard – IndieWire

4 Likes

i think maybe the only difference between it an allegra commerical is the missing list of side effects:

may cause heart palpitations, may cause and or cure cancer, may make you into a trekkie, may cause you to regret being a trekkie, may cause you to abandon cbs and go binge watch tng episodes on netflix.

( also: faith? is this christian trek suddenly? did picard convert? i’m confused. )

4 Likes

The second season is a lot better. I mean, you still might not like it, but it’s different.

2 Likes

This is one of the things I like about Trek these days. There is so much of it that it can be different things to different people. I love TNG and DS9, but both of them have things other Trek fans can’t stand and multiple episodes that I’ll freely admit are horrible. But this point Trek is a specific thing, yet it’s a broad thing even if it is specific. There can be all kinds of fans with their own slice of the fandom, from old school fans to Friends of Desoto.

It’s like how every Doctor Who fan has an era they think is the worst dreck in the history of TV, and it’s a different era for each of them. They’re all still whovians, they just have different doctors.

7 Likes

In a world, where laughter is king?

1 Like

PHASER RIFLE BICEPS OR GTFO

3 Likes

Pinot Bevahley

2 Likes

I guess he rebuilt the farmhouse after it burned down and killed his brother and nephew.

Jesus, Ronald Moore, WTF was that blink and you miss it line in Generations?

1 Like

Maybe this is a deliberate reminder that you’ll need to subscribe to a streaming service (or stream pirated material)?

1 Like

Didn’t age well. Wrong barrel.

3 Likes