Flamin' Hot Cheetos, the fashion brand

I was just thinking about how the model is visually the polar opposite of what comes to mind whenever the color orange afflicts my vision, especially lately.

It was already my least favorite hue in the entire color spectrum, but now I abhor it with an almost unhealthy intensity.

Which is what makes the marketing itself so impressive from a compositional/graphic design viewpoint; I hate the color orange, and I’d never wear Cheetos-anything, ever, but someone picked a model and background which makes it look compelling, striking even.

9 Likes

I meant within the context of your comment, which implied biting sarcasm.

But thanks for the wee bit of mansplaining; my daily quota wasn’t quite full yet.

2 Likes

Indy__hat_stapler_That%20should%20do%20it

5 Likes

I dunno. I think Sacha Baron Cohen could totally rock that look.

2 Likes
1 Like

Idiocracy wasn’t a comedy, it’s a warning.

3 Likes

I think the the snarling cheetah bursting from her womb makes a strong statement of body autonomy. Back off, legislators!

3 Likes

Does it leave a cheese residue? I am not sure that would make me more or less interested. Possibly more?

1 Like

I definitely would not want to buy the artificially flavored air that is being advertised with the A part of T&A.

I’m guessing the models do not much indulge in the snacks depicted. They have been starving themselves in order to better sell empty calories to others.

I’m not suggesting the specific individuals presenting this project are evil, I’m suggesting the system that inevitably that shat out such an ironic exploitation is a nightmare hall of mirrors, full of monsters who are all reflections of parts of ourselves.

1 Like

Camacho is still 100x better than Trump. He at least had the welfare of the people at heart and did what he could for them. He was willing to reverse course when a bad idea (watering crops with electrolytes) was demonstrated as bad.

2 Likes

wasn’t that what I just said?

Can we start a crowdfunding campaign to help that model (the one in the first picture and the middle in the second) get some new clothes? Her jeans are falling apart! And maybe a belt, too - it looks like she has to hold them up with a string.

Which kind … like the Monsters, Inc, kind or like Moloch ?

And to midrash my previous comment … the shrimp chips do not belong in the eggs. Those were two separate dietary suggestions.

1. shrimp chips.

2. scrambled eggs with fish sauce.

Sorry, yeah. I was intending to expound, not contradict you.

The sentiment is somewhat undermined coming from him, given stuff like

1 Like

I haven’t thought of shrimp chips in years. I remember discovering them in a small town Chinese goods shop and thinking they were magical. Little things that looked like bits of plastic turning in puffy crunchy slightly fishy food. I still don’t know how they make those, nor do I want to know.

1 Like

That’s assuming he doesn’t eat cereal with your name on it. He might, you don’t know!

4 Likes

There’s a difference between things you put into your body and things you put on your body. There is no reason to walk around advertising Calvin Klein. But you are what you eat, so…

I’m not sure “Corn snack mascot bursting from your uterus like an alien chestburster” is a great look.

4 Likes