Florida chiropractor signing hundreds of medical exemptions for kids to not wear masks at school

Oh, but they don’t need repairs. They need the emissions exempt certificate.

1 Like

Actually, requirement for training and a license in Chiropratic is a minimal University degree Bachelor of Medicine… then they can apply for 3 more years of training for Chiropratic. Most Chiro’s have a medical degree in Kinesiology.

Making bold statements like, ‘They arn’t real doctors’ is rather naive and spreads mistrust and condescends the profession.

Let’s look at the wiki article for Chiropractic (emphasis mine):

In the U.S. chiropractors obtain a non-medical accredited diploma in the field of chiropractic. Chiropractic education in the U.S. has been criticized for failing to meet generally accepted standards of evidence-based medicine. The curriculum content of North American chiropractic and medical colleges with regard to basic and clinical sciences has little similarity, both in the kinds of subjects offered and in the time assigned to each subject.

This seems consistent with @Mister44’s statement. Also, a fresh MD still has to make it through years of residency before they can be board-certified. The requirements are simply more rigorous to practice medicine as an MD.

If you are concerned about spreading mistrust and condescending the profession, then maybe call out Dan Busch DC for getting out of his lane and pretending that he has any meaningful or relevant medical advice whatsoever with regards to protective measures in a global pandemic.

8 Likes

Im Canadian and our standards up ‘North’ are probably more stingent then the deregulated capitialist for profit non-over sights of the USA, idkfs.

Condescending against Chiropratic, a recognized medical profession sounds eerily similiar to the anti-vax anti-mask crowd sounding off second hand misinformation.

If you wish to further tell me I am incorrect, please contact The Canadian Memorial Chiropratic College and tell them how banana’s their approach to medicine is.

https://www.cmcc.ca/

They definitely aren’t a recognized medical profession in the US. Recognized grifters is more like it.

4 Likes

Your subjective analogy has to pass for imperical evidence of the chiropratic profession and you tell everyone you are right that that medical field is just banana quacker without you offering any evidence to the contrary. Bravo.

It is unfortunate a person in a medical field is cashing in on suckers and losers but isn’t that the American Dream? Go big or go home?

1 Like

Dude - read the multiple first-hand accounts above about chiropractors in the US. At best people walk in and get temporary relief of pain that flares up worse later, often requiring surgery to correct because the chiropractic treatment made it worse. AT BEST. More often, the above happens while the patient gets sold all kind of stuff and treatment that has nothing to do with the spine.

5 Likes

Except this thread is literally about a chiropractor peddling anti-vax, anti-mask crap :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

… people and profession inside the USA, other countries outside your country do things differently.

You Yanks constantly forget the world does not move by the beat of your nation’s drum.

Guilty as charged, but this thread is literally “Florida chiropractor signing hundreds of medical exemptions for kids to not wear masks at school” so perhaps it is not unreasonable to assume that the comments are U.S.-centric unless otherwise noted.

Personally, I think there is potential for an interesting conversation on how medical accreditation works in different countries, but maybe not in this thread.

10 Likes

A big part of the problem is that Chiropractic is founded on principles of nonsense, based on vitalism. That hearing loss, infection, kidney disease and more can be cured by adjusting spinal blockages of life energy (subluxations) through physical manipulation.

In the US, this vitalism is still taught in colleges like Palmer.

Chiropractic is a science, art and philosophy. The philosophy of chiropractic is built upon the constructs of vitalism, holism, conservatism, naturalism and rationalism. It provides context for the application of science and art.

Health is a state of optimal physical, emotional and social well-being. Central to the philosophy of chiropractic is the principle that life is intelligent. This innate intelligence strives to maintain a state of health through adaptation mechanisms. The nervous system is recognized as an avenue for these self-regulating processes. Interference with neurological function can impede these mechanisms, disrupt homeostatic balance and adversely impact health. Chiropractic posits that subluxation of the spinal column and other articulations can affect nervous system function and the expression of health, which may result in symptoms, infirmity and disease.

US chiropractors frequently also endorse the nonsense medicine called homeopathy as a fundamental aspect of their practice.

The Canadian school you cited tries to have it both ways for both embracing the term vitalism by trying to distance school from the original and founding use of the term in chiropractic, trying to suggest that such a use of the term is rare, when in fact it is highly common in chiropractic

The concept of vitalism(or “neo-vitalism”) also widely varies among users of the term, and this debate has gone on for centuries among philosophers and biologists. Few practitioners would deny the very simplest use of the term to describe the human body’s inherent ability to regulate and heal itself. It is when the use of the term expands to include metaphysical connotations of a life force connected to all organisms and which becomes blocked by vertebral subluxation, that most scientists, and the Position Statement, reject the concept.

Patients, though, can’t tell one kind of Chiropractor, the nonsense kind that believes in vitalism and subluxations from the slightly more evidence based kind that mostly treats back pain, from another based on licensing because they all have the same license.

Don’t think being Canadian means your Chiropractors don’t practice that nonsense:

[Canadian National Alliance for Chiropractic] position statement on the use of the term vertebral subluxation in chiropractic practice.

The CNAC recognizes the value of utilizing the terms, “vertebral subluxation”, “spinal subluxation” and “subluxation” when communicating, evaluating and delivering chiropractic care. There remains active debate and conversation regarding the use of these terms within the chiropractic profession. Regardless of ongoing, divisive attempts to diminish the use of such terminology, identifying, locating and adjusting vertebral subluxations continues to be a foundational cornerstone of the chiropractic care model as evidenced from surveys conducted in a variety of regions and countries.

The CNAC aligns with the majority of practicing chiropractors who advocate towards the detection and adjustment of the vertebral subluxation within their clinical approach and outcome assessments to determine care.

1 Like

But this is about chiropractors in the US contributing to a crisis in the US. Why shouldn’t we get to talk about the problems with chiropractors in the US here again? If you don’t want to read people in the US talking about that then why be in the comments of this thread at all?

10 Likes

it is a story about 1ONE person using their medical credentials inside the USA. Seems eerily similar to anti vax/maskers saying something is voodoo. But you yanks have fun which ever side of the spectrum you argue and conflict with.

/s

Hi Dave!
Wanna borrow my shovel?
I don’t need it right now.

Greetings
Not a Yank

15 Likes

hi y’all! florida man here. I may be a simple man, but my step brother is - truly - a mouth-breathing idiot. he is also a chiropractor in Kansas.
“that’s all I have to say about that”

13 Likes

Things are not always so straightforward. And depends upon where one sits.

The former Clarke Institute in Ontario - known to generations of trans people as the Jurassic Clarke - was a major world source of junk science and the oppression of trans people.

Fucked over generations worldwide.

15 Likes

Q: You know what they call people who graduate at the bottom of their class in medical school?

A: Doctor

Rand Paul didn’t even finish his undergraduate degree before moving on to graduate school. Must be fun being an idiot and moving through life so effortlessly.

4 Likes

White male privilege is the wind beneath a lot of mediocre wings.

7 Likes

OK FGD135 , my point is Chiropratic is a legitimate pratice. The fact some asshole employs their credientials to circumvent wearing a mask is , like I said, the American Capitalist Dream. Bring in the suckers and losers and fleet them.

Throwing the Chiropratic profession under the SJW bus just seems ignorant and irresponsible like a Republican govenor might spew.

I’ve noticed that not all doctors insist on being called ‘doctor’, but every chiropractor I’ve ever spoken with insists on being called ‘doctor’.

They know they’re not really doctors.

9 Likes