Florida cop accuses Burger King of putting dirt on his burger. It was seasoning.

It’s Burger King, the dirt is already in the burger. Right there in the ingredient list, under beef.

Also, grass grows in dirt, cow eats the grass, we eat the cow. It’s not that far removed.

2 Likes

I knew this super criminal genius who had figured out the dumbest cops were Florida cops so he moved his whole operation down to Florida, couple months later I started noticing odd grammatical errors in his emails, and then he sent me a picture of him feeding a wiener dog in a hot dog costume to an alligator while wearing nothing but an oversized cowboy hat, a puffy pair of white shorts that might have been a diaper, and sunglasses with one lens removed.

he later got busted with some complicated bank robbery cocaine smuggling operation that would have been a cinch for him to pull off in the old days.

All I’m saying is that these people may have been affected by environmental conditions outside their control and we should have pity for all the Florida humanoids.

7 Likes

That gif is wrong. He ate the spit. It was the hole in his literofcola that set Farva off.

I may have seen that movie a few times.

1 Like

You might be the swallow he’ll follow…

1 Like

This is nowhere close to a BLM level gripe, but it speaks to the culture: I always find it disturbing when I’m eating at a restaurant and there’s a table full of cops in uniform. They are meant to stand out the way a bumblebee or a wasp stands out. And when I’m at most establishments, there’s a break room for employees to use, so they can sit down without being pestered by customers. Why can’t the cops have their own break room where we don’t have to deal with their loud talk, their overbearing presence? It’s intimidation.

I know they like it, it’s a job perk, it’s considered normal. When the time comes to rewrite the script for America, I want this changed.

Oh, and no more muscle cars for the police either. The Crown Vic was a good look for the cops, it meant business without being a dick about it. These 5 liter mustangs just scream ‘abuse of authority’

That’s it. I’m done. - for now.

1 Like

I’ve got just the place / model policy for you:

Oakland’s Hasta Muerte Coffee refuses to serve armed police officers in uniform

1 Like

And right there is the problem with police corruption - on an individual level, it’s pretty rational, and you can rationalize the non-rational stuff by telling yourself the usual dirty cop mantra: “I’m a good cop 99% of the time, so what if I take care of myself that other 1%…?”

But, well… I have a relative that’s the cop equivalent of upper-middle management in a specialty division of the LAPD (one that works with the Feds a lot), and it’s morbidly fascinating to talk to him about some of this stuff. His take isn’t anything you haven’t heard before: that once everyone is dirty, and everyone owes everyone else a ton of favors, and anyone who isn’t dirty is hugely suspicious, and you have a self-reinforcing system where the dirtier you are, paradoxically, the safer you are because bringing you down would bring down pretty much the whole department… Well, then you have most police departments in the U.S.

We disagree a lot on how to fix the problem. His idea, that I used to agree with but changed my mind a while back, is that we need some kind of mixed civilian/cop oversight board (where the civilians can’t have any close cop relations), but I couldn’t help but realize that these guys would just be a massive point of failure, and would very quickly be bribed/threatened/manipulated into just going with the flow.

Instead, (and this applies to a lot of other systems as well, including business and politics) I think we need to look more at the people we allow in. We need a hardcore personality screening test, or really set of tests, plus things like observing behaviors under stress (which are much, much harder to fake than any written test) that selects out:

1. People who score high on authoritarian scales (because they’re too rigid in their thinking, plus they tend to go into ‘submissive’ mode when an authority figure tells them to do something illegal instead of challenging it)
  2. People with too-high and too-low “conscientiousness” scores (too high is to conformist, too low is sloppy and tends highly towards criminal behavior)
  3. People that display significantly more narcissistic and/or antisocial traits than average (because they’re the type to be completely blind to either objective reality or to consequences, respectively)

These three personality traits (they’re farmed from different tests, but they’re all strong traits that are easily observable and are relatively straightforward to detect and select against) are probably the three worst to have extremes of, and all three are easily observed in some of our most-abused positions: police, government, business.

I’ve honestly come to the conclusion that your political and economic system matters a whole hell of a lot less than the people running and staffing it, because it’s easy to find any political/economic systems throughout history that have been subverted and corrupted, and somehow the common factors always seem to be having a critical mass of people with the above personality traits in key positions. Just food for thought.

3 Likes

I agree completely. The tests would be a great idea, but I’m cynical enough to think it’s never going to happen.

One of those cops I was talking about was fairly high up in the department. One day one of our waitresses said that she wanted to work for the police department, but she was scared to apply because she had priors. The cop got so excited, because they needed more diversity hires for the department. Point blank said her priors didn’t matter and that he could probably get her in uniform in six months. Her response was, “Oh, I don’t want to be a cop. I want to work at the front desk, or some sort of support position.” His response, if she had priors, that sort of job would be impossible. She would ONLY be able to get hired as a uniformed officer if she had priors.

I think the civilian oversight board could work, but with it there would have to be incredibly harsh penalties for any sort of collusion, bribery, or intimidation.

Not much available dirt in a fast food kitchen. Spit or rubbing it in an asscrack would seem much more likely.

1 Like

Their job requires them to wear a uniform. It also involves them being out of the office for most of the day, thus away from any convenient breakroom.

Eating in a restaurant with their workmates is the least offensive thing cops can be doing. I am not a cheerleader for cops, but they still deserve to have lunch and coffee breaks as per basic labour law. I guarantee that in most cases they aren’t doing it to “be visible”. They went to the restaurant to eat food. Because it’s lunch. And they’re hungry. Maybe the restaurant gives them a discount, which could be anything from shady to outright extortion, but co-workers on assignment away from the office having food isn’t a threat in and unto itself.

I am not a cheerleader for cops. But I would rather get outraged at their misbehaviour, not their mere presence.

Besides, at least the ones in uniform, you know that they are cops. The guys at the table beside you wearing suits, you don’t know. That doesn’t make them any less cops.

8 Likes

Although I definitely see what you’re saying, I’m going to have to agree with MalevolentPixy here. The problem is not that they eat lunch together; the problem is their behaviour when they’re not eating lunch. If we fix (or at least ameliorate) the issues with corruption and brutality that the police have, cops eating lunch together isn’t going to be as intimidating as it seems now.

3 Likes

Their policy of not hiring people who are too smart for the job… That makes some pretty big assumptions about the nature of police work. If the culture is to change, how well is that going to work when the force is average1to-below-average intelligence? All the policy changes and staff tweaks you want to make are not going to change these guys ideas about who needs looking out for, and who needs watching.

1 Like

That coffee shop in Oakland has it right. If having a armed people in the room you are eating, makes you feel safer somehow, I can’t argue with that, its a matter of taste I guess. Myself, it puts me off my kibble. And the muscle cars. I definitely don’t like those.

1 Like

There are enough bad apples that you will never select them out at hiring. What needs to happen is developing a culture of weeding out the bad apples. Lots of little tests where they get blueby snacks if they do the right thing and report wrongdoing.

2 Likes

2 Likes

To be fair, it was Burger Lord, so it could have been both

bipedalism and being rascally is enough to make somebody a humanoid according to certain views.

Florida cops are just Florida people. And if they aren’t Florida born (like I am), they’re attracted by and drawn to Florida like flies to honey. It stands to reason that Florida cops (even more than other cops in other places) believe that other folks are out to get them. Not that other folks are out to get them but that just seems to be the naychur of law enforcement in these United States at least at this moment in time. Florida appears to ack-sen-chu-wait the weird and dumb in all so-called “human” beings.

2 Likes

There’s only a difference if you want there to be one.

1 Like

9df24e51d65d0ac18acd65784293f36a

5 Likes