Florida GOP candidate threatens to have opponent killed in secret recording: "She's gonna be gone"

joke not lest we be visited with call of duty: american coup, q edition.

8 Likes

The religious right ends up being a batch of complete douchebags who pretty much hate everyone but grumpy old men and meddlesome church ladies. Forgiveness of sin comes in the way of wealth and power. They attract the non religious because Christianity that focuses on self righteous judgment that is completely devoid of kindness, compassion or empathy appeals to right wing jerks regardless of their spirituality. They always use abortion as the wedge issue as real solutions like the Colorado program that provides free birth control and actually results in a net positive financial impact when indigent hospital care savings are factored in are unacceptable because jail is the preferred way to “own the libs” and the reluctance to give “free stuff” to the poor. The sooner that we can separate these fools from public policy the better.

2 Likes

Right?

I vote for the neoliberal over the fascist every election but I still take every opportunity to shit on the neoliberal party.

1 Like

“…a humble servant of God.”

braxton family values no GIF by WE tv

12 Likes

Trump would have to be the second coming of Christ for that to work, and I really do not think that Trump is capable of being a Middle Eastern proto-communist.

8 Likes

i took that to mean: once it’s in motion there’s nothing i can do. ( with a dash of: she’s making me do this, don’t you make me do it too. )

5 Likes

I think that’s perhaps is the best way to frame it. It’s just that he’s so lucid. I don’t think he has any Russian-Ukraine connections. But, for legal purposes, he doesn’t have to have any. His crime is that he’s threatening that he has Russian-Ukraine connections.

Ironically, the truly incredible part of his claims comes when he mentions having access to $500 million for his backwater Congressional seat. But the hit squads sound possible, if implausible, given the emphasis and repetition of his claim. I would love to know what his defense attorney’s take is going to be. Some sort of temporary mental unfitness, brought on by the stress of the campaign and perhaps “family” issues?

“Your Honor, my client felt so strongly patriotic about the coming election that he confabulated a perfect fantasy as the solution to his problems, but he by no means ever took any concrete steps to follow through on this fantasy.”

The only problem with that is, even if he avoids the charge of conspiracy to commit murder, he’s still confessing to two counts of aggravated assault, by causing Luna (and Olszewski) to feel a legitimate threat to her life, where a deadly weapon is involved. A 3rd-degree felony, 5 years, $5000 penalty for each count. Oh, and he used the telephone to convey the threat: that’s a separate federal charge, with a much more severe penalty!

Aw, we all know the answer to that:
not-in-one-million-years

2 Likes

I swear there was something about beware false prophets in the Bible. Did all these pastors skip that bit?

7 Likes

And if he gets convicted on these, he loses his rights to own a gun, yes?

3 Likes

in Florida-da? are you kidding?

(honestly, I don’t actually know the answer. how will he ever “stand his ground” without guns?! surely there is a sympathetic repub judge that will take pity on such grave injustice as to take his guns away :roll_eyes:)

2 Likes

Fascist playbook 101. Everyone is eventually part of the outgroup.

11 Likes

Because they don’t really care about solving our problems but in virtue signaling and making themselves feel superior to the rest of us…

tomatoh, tomatoe! :rofl:

Got a secret for you… they always were.

They are dead serious on that, it’s not just a wedge issue. They really want to control women’s bodies. Given that in some states, it’s all but impossible to get abortions now, they are winning.

Yes. That’s always been true. But they are kind of winning right now…

10 Likes

It would mean he couldn’t pass a background check, so no new purchases except through strawmen or loopholes; yeah, he can pretty much still collect an arsenal.

4 Likes

With teh Trump=Jesus christians… I can’t tell if: it’s because we are at a societal inflection point where all these cultural issues are making their little conservative teapot heads start spouting steam. And they grab for Trump as a pressure relief valve?

Or, its because Trump is so manifestly and egregiously horrible — in deed, speech, manner, and very appearance — that cognitive dissonance causes them to swing much further into the Trump orbit just to defeat their common sense from registering instinctual disgust at him. Even Reagan wasn’t worshipped. Even Bush-43 (who was much more religious, gave much more policy red meat to evangelicals) wasn’t worshipped. Trump is worshipped.

3 Likes

I give it a greater than 65% chance that someone’s been working on that project, a Far Cry version, or The Division 3 since January 7th.

3 Likes

Yeah I just realized that:

She’s the one vocally favored by Trump— and she’s not the crazy one.

You so sure about that? She could come down with a nasty case of Coronapolonium-210 and later Vlad would assure DJT (on the burner phone he was passed at Helsinki): “Donald, trust me, I’m looking out for you.” He defers to Putin on all other issues, why not this?

2 Likes

We had four years of “fuck around,” so I, for one, am looking forward to the “find out,” part of the Trump dynasty.

10 Likes

If he’s being accurate, being “self funded” doesn’t mean what I thought it means.

4 Likes

But Trump is a much better racist than Bush was. And Trump’s support is highest among those that define themselves as Christian, but don’t actually attend church regularly. He’s the cartoon Christ for those with a deep sense of persecution envy but no knowledge of the Gospel or doctrine. People that like Santa and hating teh gay, but know literally fuck all about the bible.

15 Likes

Ok, if this doesn’t get that guy arrested, there is basically no law whatsoever.

After years of GOP morons making veiled and not-veiled threats and saying “I was joking” or “it’s in the open so it doesn’t count” and nothing happens to them.

Now this guy is saying “I’m gonna kill her, she’s gonna be gone, I know death squads, I can call them up, and I will”

He should be in prison, immediately.

13 Likes