Florida GOP candidate threatens to have opponent killed in secret recording: "She's gonna be gone"

Same with the expanding executive power and authoritarian tendencies. When Obama became president he never promised to reduce the power that was expanded under Bush after 9/11, only prove that he could be trusted with it. When the right saw Obama holding that power they didn’t think to reduce the power of the president, only to make sure “some one like him” never got the chance to hold office again.

But at no point was the underlying authoritarian expansion of presidential power that was enacted under Bush ever challenged.

And … well… it seems it never will be. And everyone in this country has just accepted that (mostly). Is it too late? I hope not. But to me (and I’m very weak on this subject really so I’m quite likely wrong somehow) it seems the most sensible thing that could happen to reduce the fever here is to make the president less powerful…

6 Likes

Florida politicians are keeping the cops busy these days!!

6 Likes

Oh, absolutely. However, it will be terrible, have doom2-grade graphics and automatically rinse your bank account and send it all to grifters

2 Likes

Quite a few years ago, I used to be of the opinion that when it comes to the two US parties, it was a choice between pest and cholera. Like, between Bush and Clinton. Since then the GOP has surged ahead so far on the crazy train that the two parties are not close to equatable anymore. While the Democratic Party may still suck, the GOP are now a bunch of comic book supervillains.

When I see Trump in these pictures of evangelicals “laying hands” on him, I’ve got to believe Trump wants to turn to one of his henchmen and say: "Just look at these crazy suckers!"

5 Likes

Bound to happen once they run out of external (Democratic) threats to their rule.

1 Like

:trophy:

:trophy:

7 Likes

Jobs creators! :joy:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.