Florida man pulls gun, racial slurs on kids in street argument

Nope. The audio has been entirely removed.

2 Likes

What I don’t get is why she had to get out of her car in the first place to argue with them, unless arguing was the point.

If she really needed to get past a bunch of bicyclists blocking traffic, she could just creep forward at 1 MPH. They will move, either by choice or by force. I’m not saying it would be right, but it would work.

Using your car as a “negotiating tool” with a protest should be (and is) as illegal as threatening a person with a gun without cause.

It doesn’t matter if they’re making you late for something, or inconveniencing you to take a different road. Drivers need to respect that cars kill people very easily if you accidentally accelerate, or they shouldn’t be drivers.

7 Likes

FYI - no audio on the first video.

Escalating a situation beyond where it needed to go makes you the bad guy. People need to learn how to deal with their emotions of frustration and anger and not take it out on others.

Also, what where they protesting? I don’t see any mention and can’t read the signs.

1 Like

In TX, he would be charged with making a terroristic threat.

Ah, thought you meant the update video.

And now it seems to have been removed from youtube.

I’m confused, was he the Good Guy With A Gun, or the Bad Guy With A Gun? And whichever he was, where was the other one?

4 Likes

“The only think that can stop an agitated person with a gun is a sudden awakening to the fact that their actions might have consequences” doesn’t have much of a ring to it, does it?

4 Likes

I think all you need to be assaulted is to be made afraid. Battery is actual contact. But I didn’t look either term up just now. And at least in some places there is something called “brandishing.”

floridabb

6 Likes

I’m extremely disappointed he was not properly titled as a “Gentleman”. The BB quality control standards are getting a bit lax.

4 Likes

There are everyday gentlemen, and then there is Florida Man.

11 Likes

Hmmm… So, is this like in England it’s King, in Russia it’s Czar?

Or maybe if a Gentleman’s accomplishments are of a certain quality he should be titled as “Florida man” even if he’s not from Florida?

3 Likes

A League of Florida-strordinary Gentlemen.

8 Likes

I only recently realized that apparently the joke is that you take “Florida man pulls gun…” and every other news story that begins with “Florida man…” and instead of taking them to mean “Man from Florida” in headline-speak, take them to all be referring to the same specific individual superhero superidiot named “Florida Man”. If this seemed obvious to everyone else, I guess I was just so used to parsing headlines the normal way I never quite caught on.

It seems in this case it wasn’t even Florida man, it was a gentleman from Hollywood (who happened to be in Florida).

3 Likes

snl-stefon-laughs-more

5 Likes

Oh, good I’m not the only person who’s pissed off at all insulting gaslighting that many have tried to perpetuate over the last few days.

“Don’t believe your own eyes; it’s not what it seems!”

Fuck.

That.

Noise.

10 Likes

You are not the only one.

5 Likes

I think we should use it as follows… if the person in question is from, say, California, and the activity is above Gentleman status and is at Florida Man status, we would describe him as “California Florida Man”.

1 Like