Florida man washes ashore in a human-size hamster wheel

Originally published at: Florida man washes ashore in a human-size hamster wheel | Boing Boing

7 Likes

If you need your navigation equipment to know that New York is the other way, your plan might have bigger problems

20 Likes

Third Fourth time’s the charm!

10 Likes

Curious to know how one steers such a contraption. Maybe shifting weight on one side or the other to influence the depth of the paddles on each side?

3 Likes

Looks to be good clean fun.

7 Likes

People should be rescued without worrying about going into debt to pay for it, but this guy’s plan seems to be:

1. Set off in an unworkable contraption.
  2. ???
  3. Get rescued.
20 Likes

I’m sorry, I was distracted by one of the spectators. What was this story about?

3 Likes

Ah, so that’s what a Florida man eggpod looks like!

5 Likes

After having to be rescued twice, the Coast Guard should start charging him.

7 Likes

I’m assuming this is the one you’re talking about. What kind of weirdo wears long pants and shoes on a Florida beach?

10 Likes

“He’s a survivalist” she said.

I think she meant ‘survivor’, as ‘survivalist’ has other connotations. And he’s only a survivor thanks to the Coastguard.

5 Likes

That’s exactly who it was, who does that? People from Florida, that’s who.

3 Likes

you're out vivica a fox GIF by Face The Truth

7 Likes

Interesting that the one shot was chosen for the poster frame. I think on screen for less than a second and had very little to do with the story. However…

Did he never learn the old Florida sailors’ mnemonic?

If New York you wish to sight
Keep the ocean on your right.

7 Likes

But what if the Florida sailor is returning from Newfoundland?

3 Likes

Clearly this needs rocket motors, like the Great Panjandrum

15 Likes

Exactly. He claims to be running for charity, but THIS GUY is the charity, and we’re the hapless donors, since each rescue has to be thousands of dollars in EMS, fuel, and time.

7 Likes

Looks like it just acts as a sail and takes him wherever the prevailing winds are going.

1 Like

I suspect with this question you’ve already put more critical thinking into it than the inventor has.

1 Like