Florida sheriff announces old-time punishments like disfigurement are back for school kids

Bigots not welcome in our big ass tent of happy mutants!

23 Likes

He keeps insisting these “groomer teachers and administrators” are tricking children into questioning their identities and turning trans.

Where is this happening? What school district? Which teacher? Name one instance.

30 Likes

They can’t, because it’s a fucking lie cooked up to target an already marginalized community in order for some right wing hucksters to gain power over easily led sheep.

But, getting back on topic, there are probably far more verifiable instances of teachers or school administrators using child abuse to keep “kids in line”…

33 Likes

Exactly. “Real adults” as he says.

14 Likes

Apparently, “real adults” smash the creativity and joy out of living, and ensure that we all become straight, cisgended Christian automatons that do as we’re told and smash down any bit of difference from the ruling ideology… by force if mental cruelty doesn’t work. WE don’t know who we really are, only THEY know who we should be… And violence is always their go to option, either emotional of physical… like our bigoted visitor here, who would rather trans kid be exterminated, rather than embraced, loved, and celebrated as they should be! But to that guy and all the assholes he represents, I say…

If we expect to make it to the next century, we seriously need to tear this evil fucking ideology down and replace it with something that works for us all.

31 Likes

As a person who went to a public school that did spankings, it did not stop me in any way of doing things I definitely shouldn’t have been doing. I just got really good at not being caught. That was the only lesson those swats taught me. Very glad to not be in Florida where this 30-40 year old insane practice is being brought back.

14 Likes

Screaming Turn It Up GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Also,

I’m glad I missed that visitor.

24 Likes

Agreed. I went to third grade at an Alabama public school circa 1958. Corporal punishment was applied liberally. I was the goody-goody kid and avoided punishment. My fourth-grade brother was more of a smart-ass. He’s the one who got whipped with a rubber hose in the back room. He survived without major emotional scars and grew up to be a good person, but it’s easy to imagine that too much of this could start a kid on the path of anger and abuse of others. In his case it’s like you said, the beatings mostly taught him to be careful not to get caught.

12 Likes

It was some loser bigot who is jealous of how fab trans folks just happen to be, so he needed to push some FUD about the trans community… I did my best to take care of bringing it to the attentions of our lovely mods who did all the hardwork of trying to keep our community safe from such BS…

18 Likes

Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Thanks

14 Likes

I’m kind of jealous too, but my plan was to work hard on myself and maybe get second place.

16 Likes

No, thank you for being awesome!

10 Likes

11 Likes

Second is good, the competition is quite stiff.

@mspie500 stick around, kiddo, you fit right in.

14 Likes

This Is True Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

11 Likes

@Tamsin_Bailey @Mindysan33
Stop It Nikki Glaser GIF by Comedy Central Stand-Up

11 Likes
5 Likes

School kid’s ass… sheriff’s face.

4 Likes

And he’s not evening running for office.

3 Likes

yeah. if i respect someone, i want to improve myself to live up to the standards that they represent. i’m not motivated by fear, i’m motivated because they’re teaching me or showing me something i value

that’s an entirely different emotion than fear and an entirely different experience than trauma. with fear and trauma, you do what you must to survive, whether you want to or not. and no one should be placed in those circumstances. especially not children

i could never understand the old testament recommendation to fear god. no thanks. ive got better things to do with my time

12 Likes