Flynn flipped like a pancake, is singing like a canary, and his plea deal is 'very, very, very bad' for Trump

More like one-dimensional tic-tac-toe. And losing.

4 Likes

This administration has the best vocabulary, they know all the best words, really really really good ones.

I hope they go away for a long long long time…

6 Likes

Yes, but he’s playing the long game… :wink:

3 Likes

“Flipped like a pancake, singing like a canary.” He has crumpled like a cheap suit, and is no longer lying like a rug.

Trump’s associates must be as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

9 Likes

7 Likes

A straightforward response to those trends would be for more people of progressive views to move to the lower-population, currently Trump supporting states.

1 Like

Congress can impeach the president for rude tweets, or for wearing an ugly combover, or for sticking his used gum under the oval office desk. There are no constitutional restraints, as Bill Clinton could tell you.

As far as I am concerned, If Mueller finds hard evidence that Trump colluded with the Russians to influence the election, I would totally favor Trump’s impeachment and removal from office. Because that is what Mueller has been charged with investigating.

If he finds other stuff, that would be a result of expanding the scope into a generalized fishing trip. The sort of trip that would be characterized by many here as “prosecutorial abuse of power” if it was directed against a figure who is popular on boingboing, rather than against Trump.

I would absolutely pardon everyone of all charges which surface through that kind of fishing.

1 Like

No problem for trump. All he has to do is denigrate the FBI and all U.S. institutions, question their integrity, competency and the very need for their existence and he has at least one third of the electorate behind him. Amazing that a sitting so-called president can throw shade on our own government and at the same time cozy up to Putin, who was the head of the KGB. On top of that the whole of the GOP stands behind him in his treasonous actions and his supporters don’t bat an eye.

1 Like

You are misinformed. Read the order that appoints Mueller special council.

He has authority to investigate links between the Trump campaign and Russia as well as any matters arising from that investigation. So, if in the course of that investigation, he uncovered that Michael Flynn was contracted to kidnap someone from the US and deliver that person to Turkey, he has authority to investigate that. If he started investigating that after learning about it from a source unconnected to the probe, then that would be outside his scope.

The Republican party has been committed to throwing shade on the US government since at least Reagan:

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are “I’m from the government, and I’m here to help.”

9 Likes

In addition, anyone accepting a pardon loses their ability to take the fifth, because they can no longer put themselves in legal jeopardy.

1 Like

Truth. I wonder if some of those folks want to go back to live in the Wild, Wild West? My dad is a gun nut, and some of his friends are for sure in the camp that fantasize about “shooting bad guys”.

I recall a family party one time, a guy talking about how his trench coat has an inner pocket, which would fit nicely a “street sweeper” (i.e. sawed off shotgun). I would wager that guy also has swords in his basement.

Which is totally different than me. I keep my swords in my home office.

2 Likes

Ooh, that’s a good one.

If you get a search warrant for someone’s house because they’re suspected of trafficking cocaine and find a dead body in their living room during the course of the search it doesn’t mean that charging the suspect with murder is a prosecutorial abuse of power.

7 Likes

Hmm. In the early stories I saw, it sounded like that statement was already in the record, but now I’m only seeing word that he is expected to testify that Trump ordered him to. I’ve also seen one or two articles saying it was Kushner or “Trump’s transition team” behind the orders. But yeah - anyone touched by that is doomed; I just hope it’s one of many things to be pinned on Trump himself.

3 Likes

…where there are no jobs for them (which is why everyone else is leaving), decent infrastructure or social support programs (like functioning schools or rural hospitals).

7 Likes

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

2 Likes

I disagree. In some cases, it would mean moving a few miles across the State Line. Illinois to Wisconsin. Georgia to Florida.

1 Like

IIRC, back in those Wild West days, places like Dodge City had way more restrictions about carrying guns than most of present-day America, and you could and did get imprisoned or shot for defying them.

Back then, people understood that the “armed society is a polite society” thing is a miserable lie, and knew exactly how the more guns there are around, the odds of any altercation turning into a multi-party gunfight grow exponentially.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.