Follow-up

betcha those weren’t skills learned on the shooting range

2 Likes
4 Likes

“Accident” :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

9 Likes

What do we call it when a civilian shoots and kills someone who they think is someone else?

murder

10 Likes

I don’t get why the “whatcha readin’” thread is closed, but I get that the “George Dawson” thread is naturally not as sustainable.

Anyway, that means I have to post this here:
Just finished reading George Dawson’s book, “Life is so good”, and can recommend it thoroughly.
(This is the book banned from the school that is named after the author!)
The book takes us, for the most part, through George’s early life and, trust me, he’s seen a whole bunch, riding the rails across America as far south as Mexico and then later travelling to Canada to “see some snow”.
It mostly focusses on his early life up until the time he met his first wife, and the latter quarter of the book concentrates on his time as a centenarian who has gone back to school and inspired a whole bunch of other people.
The last is a touch sweet, but I can still recommend the book. I found it hard to put down between chapters.

Is there a book thread anymore?

ETA typo

This version is still open… you just found one of the older versions…

6 Likes

Thanks, Mindy, I had a feeling there must be one, this community wouldn’t let something like that just die.

Some advice, tho, please, should I leave this post or stick it on the whatcha Readin thread?
Now that I’ve posted once, I don’t want to knacker the etiquette.

3 Likes

You can leave it here, but repost it there, maybe?

4 Likes

Thanks again, there are still some rules of etiquette I am getting to learn, even after 2 or more years!
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Robert Downey Jr Ok GIF

5 Likes

https://old.reddit.com/r/Damnthatsinteresting/comments/x7csy2/the_burning_man_exodus_black_rock_city_nevada_10/

5 Likes

Oh, I was in that horrible line for 8 hours yesterday. Finally got off playa and about an hour from Gerlach, one of the RV tires blew! Then, AAA didn’t have enough vehicles to help. My friend ended up putting on the spare tire but almost had the RV crush his hand when the jack slipped!

9 Likes
3 Likes

Looks like Taggert and Rosewood are on board for Cop 4.

5 Likes
12 Likes

They made Rosewood a bigshot “Deputy Director of Operations for Joint Systems Interdepartmental Operational Command” (DDO-JSIOC) in the third movie, so he better be a judge by now!

1 Like
13 Likes
10 Likes

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

I wish airlines could find a way to put FAFO scenarios like this into their ads as an ounce of prevention.

5 Likes
4 Likes