Food company forced workers to eat from urinals to keep bathrooms clean

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/23/food-company-forced-workers-to.html

3 Likes

Yeah, well the joke’s on the food company. They just gave the employees a free lunch!

8 Likes

Well, that’s a team building exercise that won’t make it to the west.

4 Likes

You’ve been away from corporate America too long, I’m afraid.

24 Likes

You could take a brand new never-used urinal straight from the kiln and I still wouldn’t eat from it. Purely psychological, disgust by association. I am also unable to eat meat attached to bone,

7 Likes

Aside from being horribly abusive and degrading, how would keeping a urinal up to food-surface standards be a good use of anyone’s time or money?

15 Likes

Me neither, and I don’t really know why that is. I luv my chicken nuggets etc, but no matter how good that drumstick is, I’m never gonna finish it.

1 Like

9 Likes

The Exploritorium in San Francisco has an exhibit of a perfectly clean toilet with a drinking fountain attached. I dared my child to drink from it; she refused. Given that, I kind of had to do it. I was able to drink from it, but I had to force myself. Telling myself that it was clean, sanitary, unused didn’t really help the sense of disgust and danger go away. What helped was not letting my daughter beat me. Good old competition with your child.

11 Likes

That’s an interesting interval. Like a really messed up Haley’s comet.

16 Likes

I am sure somehow right wingers will find a way to tie this (in their minds) to Democrats.

2 Likes

Not my kind’a Tater Tots!

4 Likes

This indexes so beautifully with that old, school lavatory graffiti message:

“Flush hard; it’s a long way to the cafeteria.”

9 Likes

Not something William Deming had in mind, I should think.

3 Likes

[quote=“TomPoston, post:2, topic:127119, full:true”]
Yeah, well the joke’s on the food company. They just gave the employees a free lunch!
[/quote]…

… that could result in lost hours as those same employees projectile maddeningly (from both ends) into the company toilets.

I hope the person who came up with this idea was offered a bite of urinal cake for dessert.

12 Likes

This must be a thing. I’m the same with meat/bones though I rarely eat meat. Can’t eat chicken with skin on it either.

1 Like

But… but… Meat on the bone is the tastiest meat!

(also, bone marrow is yummy)

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure that was in fact the point of the exercise.

2 Likes

I would like the story where the creep who came up with the idea is found duct taped to the bathroom wall and used as a urinal. Bet there would be a line for that one.

3 Likes