Forbidden Lemonade

This kind of packaging ought to be illegal. It looks so delicious. It’s pretty forbidden.

10 Likes

There’s better antidotes but alcohol does work.

1 Like

Yeah, that came later.

2 Likes

Cats and dogs find it smells and tastes pleasant. To the point where they will go find it and lick it off the ground or even the side of the bottle. It is why cleaning up even a tiny spill of antifreeze is critical.

7 Likes

The duck knew.

2 Likes

Reminded me of this Onion article from 20 years ago

3 Likes

drinks

17 Likes

Yeesh - remember the Mister Yuck campaign? Maybe we should bring that back.

9 Likes

Popcorn lung! That’s literally the first thing that comes to mind every time I see somebody sucking on a vape.

(Actually, the first thing that pops into my head when I see somebody vaping is “Is that…a kazoo?”, but popcorn lung is the second thing for sure. My mind is weird.)

3 Likes

they still have those…my kids got some from school last year. i have one on my work desk…which is toxic. The face is the same, but the outside text is different.

1 Like

Well now that is a part of my life.

Thank you?

1 Like

I am convinced that Fabuloso needs to be included in the Geneva convention.

1 Like

I bet the cooking spray works passably well as furniture polish, too.

3 Likes

Most probabaly d-Limonene and maybe citral. Both are used not only for aroma, but they are powerful degreasers. Fairly harmless. Not great for the water system though.

2 Likes

Well Flaxseed oil is just food-grade linseed oil.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity; do you know how often these incidents resulted in nontrivial amounts swallowed vs. people taking a mouthful and then spitting it out; but needing to be followed up on in case of either some amount of ingestion or damage to oral tissue?

In most cases with my company’s products it was just a mouthful and then spit out, but we used some pretty ugly chemicals in some of these products - chlorinated solvents, ketones, alkalies, etc. There was often residual damage like chemical burns to the mouth and throat, and at least one case that I remember of chemical pneumonia in a child who drank, choked, and aspirated.

2 Likes

Whatever gets the bugs off! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I am also curious about the frequency of the calls vs the volume sold. Pick a random number like ten calls a day. If they sold 1000 units a month that’s a real problem, but if they sold 10,000,000 units a month then maybe not so much because “stupid gonna stupid”. IOW, how did they determine the frequency of incidents was high enough to warrant a campaign?

7 Likes

Does it have a poison control number on it? I’ve seen location specific stickers.

It’s cool if they still do it… I mean, maybe they should have free sheets in the chemical aisles of stores (poisoning kills nearly 65,000 people a year, way more than motor vehicles). Granted a lot of those deaths are from very young kids, but it could server also as a reminder to make sure things are locked up.

I remember getting these in school and putting them on everything I could - safety first!

2 Likes