Ford and Spielberg to bring back Indiana Jones

FTFY.

2 Likes

Wow, so they are going to make a fourth film? Cool. I hope they donā€™t screw it up.

6 Likes

Did anyone? Itā€™s rubbish. Short Round and Mrs Spielberg stinking up the whole film?

4 Likes

I didā€¦ though I guess it has been awhile. It had more of a gross out factor than the othersā€¦

2 Likes

I liked it but itā€™s wildly uneven. Itā€™s got a much darker tone than the others, but then counters that with the kiddie uprising (ooh! slapstick!), the Disney ride out of the mine and all of the ā€œgood guyā€ supporting characters.

Great intro scene though, and at least itā€™s better than that Quartermain movieā€¦

4 Likes

Indiana Jones and the Walker of Drudgery

2 Likes

Take the wheel, Chewie! Wait, what movie am I in again?

5 Likes

Indiana Jones and the Tragic Senescence of Male Power Fantasies

5 Likes

Clearly the answer is to bring back Sean Connery!

4 Likes

4 Likes

Iā€™ve got a bad feeling about this.

8 Likes

maybe they can plunder the riches of Trump, heā€™s an advanced savage.

5 Likes

Each of the first three films had plundering of ā€œprimitiveā€ sites in the openings. South America, something Chinese, and native american. One assumes he did that sort of thing more often than the world saving stuff that were the main plots of each film.

I thought ā€œShort Roundā€ attended school in Astoria, Oregon. He did in ā€œGooniesā€, then high school in New York City, a class for gifted children in ā€œHead of the Classā€.

Since they moved to the fifties in the last one, where can they go with it next? I wouldnā€™t mind a small reset and see his adventuresMichael in the OSS in WWII, but the plundering done then was more about money.

I believe he came in for one semester/year, in Santa Monica, while filming something, and beat us all handily at track. Was light years faster than any if the rest of us. Canā€™t remember his name, so Iā€™m willing to be wrong for some other kid actor with lots of martial arts.

5 Likes

This is the biggest problem with continuing the series. The ā€œAdventure Serialā€ genre that Indiana Jones is set in really belongs in the 1930s-1940s. Dropping Indy into the Cold War felt kind of like that opening sequence for Young Guns II in which an aging Billy the Kid tells his story against the backdrop of a long-tamed American West.

And weā€™re supposed to be happy for Indy because he finally gets promoted to ā€œAssociate Deanā€ at the end of Crystal Skull? Heā€™d HATE that job! If anything itā€™s just more of the kind of paperwork he escaped out his office window to avoid doing in Last Crusade.

6 Likes

You donā€™t need to reboot it. Thereā€™s a sequel built right in

2 Likes

Loved Temple Of Doom, the only movie where Indy actually accomplished anything.

1 Like

On a side note Indiana Jonesā€™ childhood home is for sale only $169k

Or stay the night
, itā€™s being run as a B&B

4 Likes

ā€œWhatā€™s the surprise?ā€

Even though he wasnā€™t horrible in that movie, I canā€™t in good conscious support anything with that guy in it.

1 Like