Forget the 2-week break – J6 panel calls surprise hearing with new evidence

Despicable Me Please GIF

9 Likes

Oh, I would too. The committee needs every single trick they can to get people to pay attention. I’d just be disappointed there isn’t something truly damning coming out today

8 Likes

This time, for sure!!!

1 Like

Initially the image one boxes fine, then splat on the redraw.

9 Likes

jayne cobb firefly GIF

5 Likes

6 Likes

16 Likes

Stupidgate! Waterdumb…

11 Likes

Watergate took years to lead to where it led to, and that’s after they caught literal presidential aides breaking directly into the headquarters of the democratic party in DC. They caught people with direct ties to the president, in the middle of the crime, working for the president… and it STILL took time to get it all the way through.

I know it looks like he’s winning, but he’s not. He’s really not. Eastman’s about to go down after having his phone seized, it’s looking like they’re going to pin him as a co-conspirator which means attorney client privileged is gone. Liddell’s sidelined and losing his mind. Gulliani’s facing multiple indictments, charges, and the like. Meadows assistant chief of staff just testified today about a number of things that tie it directly into the oval office. The Proud Boys and Oathkeepers trials are coming up and huge sentences are being sought, which leads me to believe huge deals are going to be made. And we KNOW these guys all worked with the President.

This is basically a RICO case, and they’ve been slowly and methodically walking up the crime syndicate the whole time. And while it’s possible absolutely ALL of the Trump cronies and underbosses will take the fall for him, I find it far more likely that someone in this group of assholes is going to be at least as self-centered as Trump is and then it’ll be a race for the rest of them to either talk too, or go to jail forever.

Only in really cynical and defeatist mindsets can we see him getting away with this. His club membership is down, he’s got no money, he’s grifting harder than ever, his internal aides are all becoming wildly unstable or discredited or outright turning on him. He’s NOT having a good time.

10 Likes

I recently heard a podcast

which highlighted some of the amateurish mistakes that Nixon et al made. It’s a fair bet that Trump was determined not to make Nixon’s mistakes.

Maybe, but it’s also a fair bet he made lots of other ones. Lots of other pretty stupid ones.

12 Likes

I don’t remember who said it, but basically, the phrase was, “Law enforcement and prosecutors can make many, many mistakes and still prove the case and get a conviction. But a criminal can’t be a perfect criminal unless he makes ZERO mistakes. And they always make at least one.”

12 Likes

But Nixon was an intellectual giant in comparison to Trump. He might think he’s outsmarted everyone, but he only fools those who are bigger fools than he is.

16 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.