Former South Carolina GOP leader kills dog to please God

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/06/former-south-carolina-gop-lead.html

5 Likes

The GOP really attracts the winners don’t they.

38 Likes

“Very fine people…”

35 Likes

The GOP, reacting to this unfortunate situation, will reverse course and turn to candidates who follow the orders of demonic dogs instead of killing them:

14 Likes

Get out of my head; that was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard about this…

8 Likes

I do feel sorry for people like this.

They clearly need mental help, the very last thing they need is religion.

28 Likes

that is a whole lot of crazy in 4 sentences.

8 Likes

There are a lot of reactions to this sequence from “Summer of Sam”, but every one of them acknowledges it’s awesome (that’s Turtorro doing the voice).

9 Likes

As much as I’m feeling sorry for the dog I suspect that this could have gone rather worse if this guy were less weaksauce at blood sacrifice.

3 Likes

"Kincannon reportedly told Simpsonville police officers that he killed the dog because, “I’m the second coming of Christ and I got a command from God to do it.”

In the zanier parts of the right-wing, that’s what is called “claiming sanity”.

11 Likes

GOP loons are quite economical in their messaging, if not totally bat-shit wrong.

7 Likes

“I’m going to surround myself only with the best and most serious people”
– 45

One could hardly do better than the second coming of Christ. I see an appointment ahead for Mr. Kincannon our Lord and Savior.

11 Likes

“And God so loved the earth that he commanded his racist troll of a son to sacrifice a 10 year old beagle.”

Yeah… that lacks a certain majesty. I can see why they went with the other script the first time around, but you know… sequels. They never live up to the promise of the original.

23 Likes

Haven’t they been doing that already? Trump!!

5 Likes

I can’t tell anymore … is this, parody? The writing team at the Onion are the ones I feel sorry for.

Edit: and doggo :frowning:

23 Likes

On both sides. (The man and the dog!)

1 Like

Jinkies! They really turned up the whack-job to eleven with this one.

5 Likes

Mental illness can equally affect people of all political parties.

10 Likes

Can, and does, and that includes independents.

2 Likes

I have a sign. I’m about to get crucified in the media.

Is that irony or prescience? I can’t tell anymore.

4 Likes