Former South Carolina GOP leader kills dog to please God

If only Kincannon were dyslexic! Imagine the possibilities: God would be dead, dog would be pleased, and the world would be a better place.

[With apologies for trivializing dyslexia to make a funny]

1 Like

Although there were plenty of people in the North that were motivated to war by a racism so deep that they didn’t want to share a continent with non-whites. Oregon was, after all, founded as an “All White” state.

I do feel like a big factor in the less strictly partisain politics of the 50s was because the two major political parties of the time were not as strictly divided along racial lines.

2 Likes

Why would they? They would lose their excuse for whenever one of their own kills anyone.

1 Like

off topic, but after I watched that video, youtube recommended this Demons Exist, and this Man Can Prove It from the 700 Club

why did it make that connection?

1 Like

Well, he aint wrong. As I read this I couldn’t help but wonder if we can get a progressive in the seat this dog killing asshole is about to vacate.

“If this is your God, he’s not very impressive. He’s got so many psychological problems; he’s so insecure. He demands worship every seven days. He goes out and creates faulty humans and then blames them for his own mistakes. He’s a pretty poor excuse for a supreme being.”

-Spock

2 Likes

He’s not in Congress - he’s a former executive director for the South Carolina GOP. And that’s former as in a long time ago at this point - he hasn’t been involved with the state party since 2010. A few years ago he was accused of domestic abuse against his spouse and he was also threatening suicide (and maybe threatening to kill the whole family - I can’t remember now) - IIRC he blamed it on some cough syrup he’d been prescribed or something.

Apparently his mental health issues have gotten worse. Hopefully his family is safe.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been thinking about that a lot. I’m reminded of the immediate aftermath of WWII, when Nazis who had been running concentration camps were put in charge of “taking care” of the “liberated” camp population by American leaders who had enormous contempt for the Jews. It feels like that’s what happened in the South, for probably the same reason.

Yeah, there was a North/South racial divide, instead. Dinesh D’Souza has been making these fatuous arguments about Democrats being the real racists, using as evidence that the Civil Rights act couldn’t have been passed without Republican backing. Which is technically true but ignores the reality - Southern Democrats were almost universally against the act, with few dissenters, but Southern Republicans were universally against it. Northern Democrats were very much for it. Northern Republicans went both ways on the issue, but most were against it. The Civil Rights act became the dividing force - after that, the racist Southern Democrats became Republicans, and the less racist/more liberal Northern Republicans became Democrats.

3 Likes

The underlying class war never ended; it’s still happening.

6 Likes

This is certainly true; as John Rogers puts it, “[T]he purpose of representational democracy is to protect the rest of us from the whims of insane rich people, be they kings or oligarchs. Everything else is wainscoting.”
That class war was obviously a part of the Civil War, but I just wonder if this culture war isn’t more directly a continuation of the specific conflict, though, rather than just being yet another instantiation of that broader class conflict.

7 Likes

Like Dirk Gently says; everything is connected.

4 Likes

I’m thinking that was one seriously bad dog for Christ himself to turn on him.

2 Likes

Does… does this mean the dog’s not actually dead, it had just taken the first opportunity to hoof it through the window to extricate itself from the whole situation? Need we only show up with a food dish and call its name in an enticing voice to find it?

4 Likes

If only…

2 Likes

I propose killing God to please dog.

2 Likes

I mean… it was a beagle. How bad could it have been?

Don’t discount the idea that God’s just a jerk a whole lot of the time.

4 Likes

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.