Former Trump aide admits lying to FBI over Russia contacts

This only matters if Paul Ryan and assorted ilk place country above party before tax cuts…then there’s the whole 30% armed rebellion thing…(second amendment folks - remember that being invoked once?)…TL DR ? Not hopeful.

I think the bigger picture here is that a mad, anti-democracy fascist who arrived in the highest office in the land with the help of an erstwhile mortal enemy of the country ought to end up deposed over this before he can end freedom for good.

In my book, that’s a win.

Taxes and social programs can be changed. Dictatorships, not so much.

Trump is just the tip of the pustule; he is not the source of the problem.

The entire GOP has gone fascist. There is no chance of removing them from power so long as they are in control of electoral administration.

3 Likes

That would be the icing on the impeachment cake, to be sure, but I think Meuller has something much more concrete and damning than that up his sleeve.

1 Like

2018 is definitely the last stand for democracy. If people don’t show up in droves to bring about an urgent sea change, they won’t get another chance.

52% of Republicans are in favor of canceling the 2020 election, and that number has probably gone up since today.

4 Likes

it’d be a win. it’s just not the end of the road.

there’s no scenario that i see where trump stays in office, and the republicans gain yet still more seats that’s any positive step.

he and they have to be curtailed for all of the other things – best summarized in my opinion by the goals of #blacklivesmatter – to move forward.

there is a danger that people see something like the impeachment of trump as “it”. so we all just have to keep reminding them.

rough analogy: passing gun licensing and insurance laws wouldn’t by itself fix america’s gun issues – but it would be a sign that even gun owners are finally recognizing the responsibility they have to help improve everybody’s lot.

:crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Looks like there needs to be some means to euthanise a party that puts itself before the country… Eradicate the Republicunts.

1 Like

How low do they have to get? https://realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/congressional_job_approval-903.html#!

1 Like

THIS THREAD HAS GONE OFF-TOPIC.

PLEASE RETURN TO DISCUSSION OF CIRCUS BREAD.

8 Likes

Or just lie about what you said, if they don’t catch you on something. That’s why they have a rule against recording interviews, to protect their ability to lie about what happened.

3 Likes

You sir is the lucky winner of today’s internets.

2 Likes

Fun fact: he was in London last week, a short walk from the Ecuadorian embassy.

Okay, no, it was at least 13 months ago. Still, it raises some fun questions.

Could we persuade you to share said grandma recipe?

2 Likes

We read the same text differently. “that raisin thing” sounds to me like something that happens to 45’s face when he smiles, not like a behavioral “make a raisin thing.”

In any event, “I don’t like the behavior of his smile” is not especially trenchant political commentary, eh? :wink:

I’ve actually got two. One is “pre-introduction of yeast” and one is post:

No yeast:
3 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1 t salt
1 1/2c. warm water (or milk)
1 T. oil or shortening

Mix everything up except the oil, Rub oil over dough, then let sit for ~ 1/2 hour. Then pull little balls out and pat them into little tortillas, and pop into oil.

Yeast Formula:
1 c warm water
1 pkg dry yeast
2 T. butter (soft) or lard
1 T. sugar
1 t. salt
2 1/2 - 3 c. flour.

proof yeast in water, then add butter, sugar, salt, and flour. Knead and add flour to make a stiff dough, then let rise for 1 hr. Make little discs and fry at about 350deg F.

I find that the yeast formula ends up more “bready”, and the no yeast is more “traditional frybread”. Both are good. You’ve got to make the no yeast one a little more wet than the yeast recipe.

3 Likes

cersei-ugh-no

you mean… body language, right? No?

IT GETS BETTER!!

This is the Special Prosecutor who just keeps giving.

WHEEEEEE!

2 Likes

No. The way someone’s flesh wrinkles when they squint or smile or speak is no “behavior.”

10/10 people with face blindness agree with you.

the rest of us know the shit eating grin of a scoundrel when we read one see one.