Former Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale hospitalized after threatening to harm self

Well, some people haven’t forgotten he existed - the ones investigating his role in the Trump campaign’s attempt to suppress the Black vote in 2016 and the ones investigating Parscale’s role in laundering $170 million for Trump… for example.

5 Likes

“Florida Police Just Released Video of Brad Parscale Getting Tackled by Cops”

Noteworthy that there isn’t the least bit of trump swag anywhere around his house. Odd.

Florida Man trash pick up COPS style.

2 Likes

I agree somewhat.

I do see a bunch of these guys are only honest once they leave but don’t do anything about the crap they enabled over the years. I have more respect for former white supremacists who end up working for the SPLC than republican grifters who tell all after the fact but do jack shit to fix the messes they profited from.

5 Likes

Who is that though? Someone in the Barr DoJ?

It would be nice if one could find out if they were in this voter suppression database.

Lemme get this straight:

1. He’s calmly talking with the cop right in front of him, normal conversation distance (maskless, of course). His hands are visible and he’s making no attempt to reach into a pocket.

2. Another cop further away decides his pockets are “large enough to conceal a weapon”.

3. The cop starts yelling at him, and then immediately tackles him onto blacktop.

No one to root for here.

3 Likes

Ha, ha, no. They all know better. Maybe next year, though…

2 Likes

Wow.

Evil is evil, dude; no matter how it’s quantified.

And Jackson was an EVIL muthafucka.

6 Likes

I was going to say that suicidal thoughts might at least be a sign that Parscale still has enough humanity left to feel remorse for helping put someone like Trump into power, but beating up and threatening to shoot his wife just puts him solidly back into “naw, just fuck that guy” territory.

7 Likes

While it could be guilt I’m going to guess it is fear of facing consequences.

6 Likes

Hm. Might be an idea to give him a drug screen to see if he was on anything, and then, I dunno, check his toothpaste.

If the campaign swindle is starting to unravel, and he was a loose end, then suicide by cop would have been tidy cleanup. (They could hardly slip him Novichok right?) I hate clumsy conspiracy theories, but that’s Trumpland in a package.

1 Like

Wait, we’re talking about foreplay now?

1 Like

National Domestic Abuse Hotline

4 Likes

…especially his wife, who had many bruises, including on her face.

5 Likes

And of course threats of suicide are a tactic abusers use to prevent their victims from going to the police or leaving.

This situation makes me feel a lot of things, but mostly I keep thinking of the number of Americans who will find themselves calling the police or an ambulance to report a loved one is threatening suicide and has access to a gun. I’ve sat and talked to a suicidal person on the phone for an hour while they waited for an ambulance to arrive. I honestly don’t think they would have made it if they’d had a gun.

Of course if I were an American pundit raising this I’d be criticized for politicizing Parscale’s mental health crisis. But I’m not American, I’m from any other place in the world which means this isn’t political, it’s just an observation of an objective public health crisis.

5 Likes

His wife DID have bruises on her arm… that is enough to suspect him of acting out violently toward her.

5 Likes

My comment wasn’t for Parscale, it was because talk of suicide and self harm can trigger suicidal feelings and self harm in others, even when the subject of discussion is an arsehole.

7 Likes

I think @MerelyGifted was providing the domestic abuse hotline for similar reasons. For anyone reading the topic who is a victim.

4 Likes

Oh, certainly, arrest him. But the police didn’t come in to a violent situation and were forced to tackle him to stop it. That officer escalated it. Police violence against amoral dirt bags intent on destroying america is still police violence.

Still, they didn’t shoot him or even pull their guns, which we’ve also seen video of for far less.

She said that he had a gun when they arrived. When he came out without a gun, acting like everything was normal (despite, you know, bruises on his wife and her saying other wise), it was clear he was not going to go.

Yeah, because he’s white. They afforded him basic humanity, despite his wife having bruises and accusing him of violence against her and suicidal threats.

4 Likes