Fox flies into a rage over A&W's updated bear mascot — even though it was just a joke (video)

I’ve never seen an A&W restaurant–there’s only one in New England–but I have had A&W soda. It’s pretty widely distributed. So yeah, to get the brand name wrong is weird.

3 Likes

I recall the one in Watertown, NY being particularly great. Floats and fries to die for. That’s almost Canada :wink:

Honestly this is what bugged me the most about this whole story. Polarization is like economic recession. People constantly talking about how it’s gonna happen or probably maybe already happening makes it worse. It is, to some degree, a self-fulfilling prophecy. Corporations making jokes about polarization is frankly in poor taste, considering people are dying from it.

Same with DQ and all mainstream chocolate bars. Americans have been brainwashed into liking terrible chocolate. :grin:

Through some quirk of economics, as both DQ and A&W have declined in the US, both have done extremely well in Canada. Every single city and small town in the country has at least one of each. There are towns with a DQ and an A&W, but no McDonalds.

4 Likes

No pants!

3 Likes

Types like bumblebees can sting more than once too. The barbed stinger is specific to honeybees, which have giant colonies so can afford to lose workers to better defend them.

1 Like
1 Like

I have an old ratty pair of jeans that I keep for doing yard work because I question the ability at stopping flung debris for even my heaviest denim skirt. Otherwise, I haven’t worn pants in over a year!

3 Likes

Can confirm in Ontario. Best onion rings, best root beer.

When I was a kid, my dad would bring home root beer in their 1 gallon jugs. Not sure if they do that anymore.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.