Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

Why would anyone trust him at this point?

4 Likes

Isn’t one of the API tiers $2499? I don’t think he’d discount something that much.

2 Likes
8 Likes

25-effing-hundred-dollars? I’ve got books from Make! that make a big deal of how easy the Twitter API was to use. Maybe we can appeal to the local former editor to get an erratum published

5 Likes

write-only seems a very strange caveat. is he planning to charge everyone who wants to read twitter?

4 Likes

I think I’ve seen one that’s $149 for 500 calls. Seems like you’d blow through that relatively quickly

IMHO, that shows he’s starting to get a vague clue or is listening to someone with a clue. The bots that bring people generally just post. Think the daily pics or Riker Googling and such.

The bots that read, like ones that find your friends on Mastodon, or thread rollups, or bot detectors, or customer service are the ones he really wants to curtail.

4 Likes

Man who repeatedly said he didn’t care about The Babylon Bee links to The Babylon Bee.

Effective or not, “verification” still costs less than the damage from someone claiming Lockheed Martin is halting weapon sales to Israel, Saudi Arabia, and the U.S. Which is funny to me, as Elon wasn’t in that Iron Man movie.

Which is on Mastodon, now.

7 Likes
10 Likes
6 Likes
2 Likes

Ew.

9 Likes
6 Likes

“Disposable Douche?”
Well, he’s halfway there.

4 Likes

Cross post

13 Likes
10 Likes
5 Likes

Every user, no matter their output, seems to be getting an error when trying to send tweets that reads, “You are over the daily limit.” Clicking the link that pops up under the error takes you to a Twitter help post about current Twitter limits, which include 500 DMs per day, and 2,400 Tweets—a limit most of us aren’t getting within a country mile of.

I didn’t even know there were limits, but it looks like DMs were halved by Elon’s Twitter.

It certainly seems like the breakdown of sending tweets is tied to the release of its new feature: 4,000 character tweets, which no one asked for, and which debuted a couple of hours before everything went to shit.

Maybe I had it wrong before, instead of subscribers overwriting 14 tweets from other people to zero-budget the storage space in the data center (or is it still plural?), one screed prevents 14 other people from posting to spend less on the content delivery networks.

5 Likes

I liked this bit at the end of an article in ARS Technica:

6 Likes

Is it the big one?
Heart Attack Fred Sanford GIF by MOODMAN

6 Likes

Doesn’t seem to be, currently. By the time I replied earlier that Kotaku article had already updated to say they could post to Twitter again. Downdetector still has reports, and while they’ve continued the level is well down from the spike.

ETA:
People are able to post their error messages.

Also, NetBlocks noted Turkish ISPs stopped blocking Twitter.

4 Likes