Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

1 Like

Don’t fear they will, they will, his plans inevitably do. Plan for it or kick his ass to the curb.

2 Likes

Is it just me or has it seemed like all of Boing Boing’s tweets going all the way back to march up until now have disappeared?

1 Like

Tried it not logged in (no account any more), and the most recent one is Feb 27th, so it’s not just you.

1 Like

8 Likes
4 Likes

(Fortune reprint)

2 Likes

but that it can make him “dark” and act “with a real lack of empathy.”

[Citation Needed] Has he EVER acted with empathy? Not sure how this is different.

4 Likes

I’m tempted to call Twitter a “Mickey Mouse operation”, but considering how professional the Mickey Mouse operation is running its business this would mean giving Twitter far too much credit.

3 Likes

“Demon mode” sounds like another PR spin to make him sound tough and dangerous. He’s not a demon; he’s not a genius. He’s an asshole, sometimes louder than others.

7 Likes

Sean O’Malley is giving his take on the whole situation, speaking on ‘The TimboSugar Show’, sharing his thoughts (h/t MMAMania):

“Everybody’s out there, ‘Let me train ya, let me train ya. Would it be scary? Neither of them look like they could hurt each other.”

Quite amused with the whole dynamic, O’Malley’s Coach continued:

“Unless they both get on some st and within a year they get trainers. Not the fight itself, but how they look. Zuck’s been training. Elon says he’s training. Imagine fking Elon trying to save the Earth like, ‘Alright, I gotta f**king take some time off for this fight.’ Let’s get back to work. Everyone is offering them to train.”

2 Likes

huh. Looks like one box is broken for Ars at the moment.

Linda Yaccarino’s vision for Twitter 2.0 emerges

The former NBCUniversal advertising head, who started as chief executive on June 5, is seeking to launch full-screen, sound-on video ads that would be shown to users scrolling through Twitter’s new short-video feed, according to three people familiar with the situation.

I thought they wanted to keep users, not drive them away. Something like that is a very, very hard no from me, and I doubt I’m the only one.

3 Likes
3 Likes

“If this isn’t high enough priority for Twitter to dedicate its developers [to]…what are they working on?”

They have devs?

ETA: Or alternate answer: “Their resume”

5 Likes

Yeah, these days whenever something at Twitter breaks I’m less inclined to assume that it’s not a priority for the company, but rather that they no longer have the staff and/or institutional knowledge to handle even their biggest priorities.

2 Likes

… so are Twitter embeds not working

twitter.com/scalzi/status/1674216375814959109

It wants me to sign in :confused:

1 Like

They don’t give a shit about users, all they want is to make money fast.

Mastodon has gotten pretty good after I started following Lisa Melton. And since it’s not a single entity some can worry about making money, others can run as nonprofits. And it’s all geeky and nerdy.

1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes

Anthony Corbeill, a professor of Latin at the University of Virginia, who wrote a book on gestures in ancient Rome. “Sparing is pressing the thumb to the top of the fist and death is a thumbs-up. In other words, it’s the opposite of what we think.”

2 Likes