Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

Came here to see if it was just me, but yeah it seems no one can view Twitter without actually being a Twitter user. Musk has locked everyone else out.

2 Likes

“Twitter closes outside access, Internet cut off!”

I doubt it’s the power move that Musk thinks.

6 Likes

Ditto.

Tried an experiment that did work, you can enter the URL in google and it will show the text of the tweet. Clicking the link from there still gets you the login screen though.

ETA: Looks like nitter still works, don’t know if it’ll keep working. It was really, really slow to come up.

ETA^2: Looked at his feed to see if there was any mention. :face_vomiting: 25K posts are a new feature. What’s your differentiation from facebook now you moron?

3 Likes

I wonder if changing the browser string to “Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)” would get in?

Other than being less useful and profitable? (I use “useful” loosely, but the general public gets more out of its features.)

Yes, it does.

1 Like

Ha! Lock people out, but not all that search engine goodness.

“Oh, it’s you Googlebot. Come right in!”

sleeper6

1 Like

I am half tempted to get an account and tweet at him, “did you know if you change the user agent to, you don’t need an account to view”? And give enough instructions for people to do it. Wonder how long before bannination.

3 Likes

It’d last a Demon-Musk-second. The question is, how would he remove it from a Fediverse thread?

3 Likes

Seems like advertisers would be a little upset about locking people out?

What a dick move.

2 Likes

Mummy and Daddy Musk think Elon’s cage fight against Zuck is a terrible idea

How many CEOs in their 50s require their parents to step in when they’re being a little shit?

We don’t recall Mary Maxwell Gates piping up when Microsoft was being accused of monopolizing the PC operating market in the early '90s, though she was probably thinking, “That’s my boy.”

[…]

Anyone hoping for a reenactment of the Bruce Lee v. Chuck Norris fight from The Way of the Dragon is bound to be mighty disappointed.

2 Likes

But maybe someone will release the lions!

2 Likes

https://electrek.co/2023/06/30/tesla-gives-new-owners-uk-grabbing-stick-after-forcing-left-hand-drive/

Tesla gives new owners in the UK a grabbing stick after forcing them to get left-hand-drive

2 Likes

Lions 2, Billionaires 0

2 Likes

… I have just switched browsers so at first I thought it was just me and that was why :confused:

1 Like

NYT reporting.

3 Likes

Well, if blocking unregistered users seemed like a galactic brain move (if the move is to kill Twitter as a viable platform) this is probably multiverse brain move:
(took it from mastodon because I cannot see twitter anymore)

3 Likes

I was curious & wanted to test this out. Scrolling past 600 posts & getting blocked for the day did not take very long. :person_shrugging:

6 Likes

If your time zone means you have a long day left that has surely improved it.

5 Likes