Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

Kind of amazing that in an economic system where everything is subordinated to the goal of maximizing shareholder value, “rich man is a dingus” is a problem nobody was ready for.

10 Likes

They weren’t bots being deleted.

12 Likes

parks and recreation wtf GIF by HULU

4 Likes

He didn’t copy that one from Bill Gates?

2 Likes

according to reuters, the twitter buyout is based in part on tesla’s value. no doubt part of why investors are unhappy

What is more, Musk has agreed to take out a risky $12.5 billion margin loan, secured against his stock of Tesla Inc, the electric-car maker that he leads, to pay for some of the $33.5 billion equity check. Were Tesla’s stock to drop by 40%, he would have to repay that loan, a regulatory filing shows

https://www.reuters.com/article/twitter-m-a-musk-financing-idCAKCN2ME0LX

7 Likes

It’s a synonym for the word Thomas Edison used when he sued the pants off anyone whose patents he wanted to take.

3 Likes

Matt Levine suggested that he’d start to have real problems with the financing if Tesla’s price drops below $740

3 Likes

I would laugh and laugh if this falls through, and in the process cripples his net worth. (Not that he’d ever miss a meal, or have to downgrade his couch-surfing from the best of places.)

6 Likes

If it falls through Tesla stock will recover, but he’ll probably have to pay a penalty

3 Likes

It’ll put a big dent in his aura. Maybe his tweets won’t bounce stock and ecoin as much?

3 Likes

It’d be nice to hope, but I suspect the Cult of Elon is more resilient than that

2 Likes

I was going to say something about billionaires playing at homelessness being just pathological, but maybe it’s not that surprising—maybe it illustrates how the very rich and the very poor are equally alienated from “normal people”

4 Likes

well, except there are some “normal people” who will cheer Elon for his “couch-surfing” and sneer at the guy on the corner panhandling.

3 Likes

Maybe Tesla will make an RV he can live in

6 Likes

Maybe with a really big, really flammable battery?

1 Like

It’s better for the environment :wink:

2 Likes

That’s not how it works
(It’s cute that Elon thinks he was ever left of center)

12 Likes

The part about people running from Elon seems plausible though.

17 Likes

Whatever happens GS and MS will make their money…

…and is there a play here to capture some Tesla stock gains if the deal falls through and recovers?

sally kohn gaslight GIF by The Opposite of Hate

10 Likes