Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

Brin has long since gone full emeritus, and disappeared up his own inexhaustible sense of righteous rightness in all things just ask him only you don’t need to ask him he will tell you at length.

4 Likes

who’s this brin fellow then?

( im guessing a writer… and also that your question probably wasn’t addressed to me. :cat: )

1 Like

David Brin-- author of a lot of hard SF. Sometimes compared to authors Greg Benford and Greg Bear-- they each wrote prequels to Foundation as the so called Killer B’s.

Known for the Uplift books in which Humans share a planet with three species uplifted to sapience, Neo-Gorillas, Neo Chimpanzees, and Neo Dolphins, among other tales.

3 Likes

ah, so like i rowboat for the more serious set

science fiction should probably never take itself too seriously, i guess. that seems to me when all the trouble starts

2 Likes
17 Likes

The company he keeps.

9 Likes

But it’s the left that is far too radical… /s

Angry Weight Loss GIF by Bounce

11 Likes

FRjSFlTXMAEhvvP

22 Likes

Perfect.

14 Likes

Such a great way to tell that narcissistic asshole to fuck off.

11 Likes

Elon Musk flogs $8.4bn of Tesla shares amid Twitter offer drama

Elon Musk has sold $8.4 billion of Tesla shares over the past few days and reportedly wants to hire a new Twitter CEO, after the company’s board accepted his offer to privatize the social media biz.

The tech billionaire has filed multiple Form 4s, detailing the sale of his Tesla shares with America’s SEC this week. He sold 4.4 million shares on Tuesday and Wednesday, and another 5.2 million on Thursday, as noticed by CNBC. Tesla’s stock price fell 12 percent on Tuesday.

Twitter accepted Musk’s bid to acquire the company for $54.20 per share, a total cost of about $44 billion. He has agreed to put in $21 billion from his own fortunes while the remaining $25.5 billion will be footed by Morgan Stanley, Bank of America, Barclays, and others via debt financing.

The takeover hasn’t been finalized just yet; it still needs to be approved by shareholders and regulatory agencies. Musk, however, already has grand plans to shuffle management and introduce features to monetize the platform, according to rumors reported by Reuters.

He apparently wants to replace the current CEO Parag Agrawal, who is expected to remain until the sale is finalized. The Tesla and SpaceX supremo earlier this week tweeted to his 86 million followers a meme critiquing Twitter’s top lawyer, Vijaya Gadde, causing some netizens to pile in with racist abuse. Under the terms of his offer, Musk must not disparage Twitter and its representatives.

Musk also mentioned cutting jobs as part of his pitch to banks, Bloomberg reported, and defunding the board of directors.

[…]

9 Likes
9 Likes

Elmo….it kinda works

8 Likes

Elmo Nusk. Sounds like a shit Muppet parody and therefore massively appropriate.

11 Likes

16 Likes

Elon Musk wants to take Twitter public again ‘within 3 years’

In another twist to the Twitter saga, Elon Musk could be returning the microblogging mainstay to public ownership in the not-too-distant future, after agreeing to take it private as part of his $44 billion takeover.

According to The Wall Street Journal , Musk has told potential investors that he’s planning to refloat Twitter in as little as three years after the deal goes through.

The acquisition is still subject to regulatory hurdles and the approval of shareholders, Twitter said.

[…]

3 Likes

So basically Sulla here just wants to make some policy changes, and trusts they’ll all be so awesome that the company will be sure not to change anything back after he’s gone? :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I keep telling you, this guy is a genius!
(It’s the hair implants tickling the cerebral cortex, I think.)

1 Like

A darker take – he wants to make policy changes to help fascists get elected, then once they do, democracy is dead and it won’t matter who owns twitter.

Who Knows Idk GIF

10 Likes

So it’s a stock scam. Huge scale pump and dump. Get free publicity with the free speech nonsense. Refloat it as an IPO with an inflated stock price. Maybe pump up the revenue numbers with some advertising.

9 Likes