Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

8 Likes

Is 11 far beyond what the earth can sustain? Only at current consumption levels, I’d wager.

Point taken about the twisted bleatings of Elongated Musk-Oxen, though.

10 Likes

And @mspie500

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

It’s a distribution problem, not a population problem, as @the_borderer often notes when the ecofascists show up to argue for genocide as a solution to our environmental problems rather than getting rid of capitalism…

Yeah, it’s clear his comments are racial charged. He was, after all, raised during Apartheid.

16 Likes

I did read, somewhere and a couple years ago, that the planet could quite happily deal with a population of 20 billion. It only worked, of course, if resources were redistributed along somewhat fairer lines.

So, of course not.

9 Likes

This… and we had a different kind of consumption (less wasteful, more localized, all of us consuming less, etc).

9 Likes

And has done nothing to change the attitudes he grew up with. People do, people can, and he has chosen not to.

9 Likes
10 Likes

Parks And Recreation Nbc GIF by HULU

4 Likes

I just thought of something. If Musk claims that Twitter’s spam numbers are worse than reported by using a different definition than Twitter uses, can Twitter claim that Teslas are much more dangerous than the company claims by counting not just crashes on the road but also crashes that occur during controlled testing when determining how many accidents they’ve had?

Tesla’s vehicle safety report for Q4 2021 (the most recent data it provides) lists 1 crash for every 4.31 million miles driven with Autopilot or 1 crash per 1.59 million miles without. I wonder how those figures would be adjusted if you took crash tests into account. Lots of crashes, not much distance, means that Teslas would probably look much less safe.

2 Likes

I wonder how many people use their autopilot as glorified cruise control on boring stretches of highway and not in trickier situations.

2 Likes
2 Likes

i always thought that’s what the seat belt was for. you know. just tie the steering wheel in place.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Population trends aren’t going to bust beyond 11 billion and iirc most trends are showing countries either slowing or rapidly decreasing in population. I try to be nice to liberals who are all for the environment but when they peddle this Malthusian nonsense I just wanna scream. You can criticize Musk’s nonsense about population decline on the racist nonsense it’s based on rather than adopting Malthus’ long discredited, and racist/classist, argument.

10 Likes

Meh… just point out the inherent racism and classism in the idea. It’s eco-fascism and we should not pretend it’s anything but that…

Episode 1 Premiere GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

6 Likes

SVCeARo_d

12 Likes

In reality that is all that it is intended and useful for - it says so right in Tesla’s own fine print.

1 Like

6 Likes

If you can’t tell the difference between male and female, why be so focused on supposed male and female attributes?

7 Likes
19 Likes