Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

Elon Musk’s latest brainfart is to turn Tesla cars into AWS on wheels

[…]
IDC Senior Research Director for Digital Infrastructure Andrew Buss said the idea sounds technically feasible, but the potential downsides are perhaps too big to justify it being actually implemented.
“They’d not even be edge processing nodes as the code and data would have to be centrally managed and stored and then packaged and sent for processing before being returned once complete,” he told The Register.
Other downsides include third-party code and data running on a private asset, Buss said, and if taking power from the battery, this would accelerate the degradation of these, which are the single most expensive and crucial part of a Tesla and need to be kept in as optimal a shape as possible for longevity and consistency of range.
In other words, Tesla might well find that implementing this idea may prove more trouble than it is actually worth for the returns it generates.

And as The Register noted after the earnings conference, Elon has a habit of throwing out wild ideas when things aren’t going well to distract the punters and energize investors. This could well be one of them.

2 Likes

Despite Elon Musk’s insistence that high-definition maps aren’t necessary for self-driving cars, Tesla’s vehicles in China will technically rely on them now through a partnership with Baidu.
[…]

Walking Fast GIF

1 Like
4 Likes

“Very well, he will be reinstated, provided he does not violate the law, and let him be crushed by the comments and Community Notes,” Musk posted on X.

It sounds like he actually believes in the tooth fairy marketplace of ideas, but I think he just likes Nazis.

6 Likes

Weird misspelling his name is Nick “having sex with women is gay” Fuentes.

3 Likes

That’s Andrew Tate, but I can understand mixing them up. :rage:

https://trashpanda-x.github.io/darklantern/#Nicholas%20Fuentes

3 Likes
1 Like

Animated GIF

6 Likes

Tate has never had a original idea in his life.

7 Likes
3 Likes

Well, that’s fascists for you.

8 Likes

My evil premonition of the day.

Ah, what a time, when the lives of NASA crews are riding SpaceX’ Dragon… or Boeing’s Starliner.

At least the Orion MPCV is made by Lockheed, though I don’t really trust them either.

1 Like

Exclusive: Tesla retreats from next-generation ‘gigacasting’ manufacturing process

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/tesla-retreats-next-generation-gigacasting-manufacturing-process-2024-05-01/

2 Likes
7 Likes

That 70S Show Lol GIF by IFC

12 Likes

Dumbass who - Judkins, the unnamed Tesla engineer or both?1)

Judkins said that after the finger test, a lead cybertruck engineer at Tesla said he did the video wrong.2)
The engineer told him the frunk increases in pressure every single time it closes and detects resistance, Judkins said. It’s going to assume you want to close the frunk and maybe something like a bag is getting in the way, which would make it close harder.
“Using this information, that means it closed on my finger harder than my hand and way harder than my arm,” the YouTuber wrote.

1) Me, I’d go with “both - plus an as yet to be determined number of engineers, designers and managers at Tesla.”
2) Now where have I heard that before as an excuse when shiny new tech has a design flaw at the level where it interacts with the users? How original.

7 Likes

Pretty dumb, but at least that idiot was only putting his own fingers at risk.

1 Like

… what the!? ive always assumed child endangerment was a crime

1 Like

Scarifying one or two of your kids to please your God? Something, something, traditional values.

3 Likes