Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

The Olympic Games? What’s he competing in, the 4 x 400 m asshole relay?

4 Likes

Jerk Dancing?

3 Likes

I’m not saying I’d be happy if Christianity perished… just the “Christianity” he seems to be shilling for.

2 Likes

That’s just fascism dressed up with crosses and flags, tho.

3 Likes

Everything they do is fascism in cosplay.

6 Likes

9 Likes

Bonus asshole points for using Brad Pitt’s image in that idiotic meme given that Pitt was very publicly on the side of “for the love of God please listen to the medical experts.”

9 Likes

Not all, just a few million…but doctors really do try their best to keep even assholes like Elon alive. :fu:

6 Likes

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/27/technology/linda-yaccarino-x-ceo-elon-musk.html

1 Like

Another day in Musk’s disingenuous free speech bubble

6 Likes

poor elon. :crying_cat_face: he’s got no one to blame but himself.

telsa could have been improving their build quality. they could have diversified their models. they could have figured out ways to bring manufacturing costs down and raise margins.

instead, he bought twitter and made one of the world’s ugliest, most impractical suvs. while simultaneously pissing off his customers, trying to bust european unions, and getting in workplace lawsuit after workplace lawsuit

and rather than fix the business, they want to “fix” the marketplace. @#$! typical.

7 Likes

I think it’s closer to LARPing.
Only they’re not playing, they’re dead serious.

2 Likes

In some ways, I think a lot of them act like they are playing. Not in the sense that they aren’t deadly serious about hurting other people. But we’ve seen how many of them react when someone punches back, when someone fires them for racist slurs, when they get arrested for breaking the law, and so on, as if it were some horrible refusal of people to realize that it’s all in good fun. It’s all just games unless they lose an eye.

7 Likes

You know, when I finally have the time to do more historical research one of the essays I’ll write will be titled “Hermann Göring - When LARPing goes wrong”.

5 Likes

Yeah “Role Playing”, but you know what Vonnegut said:

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night

12 Likes
3 Likes

Cheap cars. It’s what the market wants, it’s what can improve air quality in cities.

It’s not what he set out to do though. He set out to make cars for people with too much money to waste on cars. That’s all. Lifestyle marketing for the rich. Always has been.

Oh, and delivery vans.

3 Likes

A huge part of his business model has been selling carbon credits to other manufacturers, now there’s an incentive for other manufacturers to make electric vehicles, they can claim their own carbon credits, which is another reason he wants the other manufacturers to go back to just making ICE cars.

7 Likes

Is this really applicable here? After all, we are talking about people who do not fear becoming what they pretend to be; they aspire it.

2 Likes

I dunno, they still want to claim the mantle of “just a joke”, or the devil’s advocate…