Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

“Murica, eff yeah”.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/brazils-supreme-court-chamber-forms-majority-uphold-x-suspension-2024-09-02/

4 Likes

8 Likes

Is it true? I read the US has seized Maduro’s jet…

Oh, the presidential airplane is part of the Air Force inventory. Could X seize a military operated airplane?

It remembers me when President Reagan visited São Paulo and said “Hello Bolivians”.

https://www1.folha.uol.com.br/fsp/brasil/fc111011.htm

8 Likes

I have no idea how the threat Musk is making would be even enacted? It seems to me that Musk thinks that the US is going to get involved in his tiff with Brazil, which I think is ludicrous.

The Maduro plane is something entirely different. It appears that Venezuela purchased the plane using shell companies and tried to evade US economic sanctions that banned such purchases.

7 Likes

Yet quite possible.

It’s not like there isn’t quite a lot of precedent. He’s not just the owner of a failing fascist network he is also the owner of one of the most heavily subsidised corporations in America and has high security clearance and is the owner of the monopoly supplier of launch capacity in the US.

7 Likes

Leveraging that to get a sovereign country’s assets seized by the US government would be true Bond villain stuff. But I don’t think Biden would allow that. Now, Trump, of course…

6 Likes

16 Likes

IMG_5949

4 Likes

9 Likes

For a moment I thought he was celebrating the seizure of Mr. Maduro’s plane. After all, who has never confused Venezuela with Brazil? Everyone here speaks Latino, eats sombreros and wears burritos…

14 Likes

Isn’t that the plot to “Moonraker”?

8 Likes

No, you see Moonraker takes place in…Brazil.

Oh.

7 Likes

I was reading my kid a book during snuggle time and this amused me greatly

12 Likes

Clipboard_09-03-2024_01

3 Likes

I think I have just found the Cybertruck prototype.

8 Likes
7 Likes

Designed by the descendants of the original Prince of Darkness - but not even nearly as evil and incompetent as the Cybertruck.
Kinda cute, really, and actually practical.
Looks a bit like a 4-door Giardiniera version of the FIAT 126. Which FIAT totally should have developed.

5 Likes

Musk’s Starlink backtracks and says it will comply with judge’s order to block X in Brazil

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/musk-s-starlink-backtracks-and-says-it-will-comply-with-judge-s-order-to-block-x-in-brazil/ar-AA1pWdSN?ocid=msedgntp&pc=ACTS&cvid=93213831ac6e40c09f60db9556d55071&ei=36

9 Likes

There’s a clip floating around twitter the past day of an old Trevor Noah Daily Show clip of him talking about how bizarre it was for Elon to purchase the site the way he did. A ton of Elon fanboys licking his butthole defending him in response to the clip on that site haha. I stopped that video at around the minute twenty mark when Trevor goes into detail

With what we know now, it’s pretty safe to say that Elon is badly and hilariously fucked. It’s not the left, it’s not the US government and it’s not other world governments who are his biggest enemy these days. It’s the other billionaires that he fucked over by running both twitter and tesla into the ground.

Hedge fund folks, Russian oligarchs (who aren’t happy even with the possibility of the Kremlin influencing the site because they like money more than that) and Diddy (who had been rumored for decades for ordering a hit on Tupac) are now wondering where the money is and Elon thinks he’s clever enough to run another shell game in front of their faces.

6 Likes