Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

And Prince Bonesaw?

4 Likes

Even better :rofl:

3 Likes

Musk likes to treat his companies like his underwear, but they are all separate legal entities. The moment that he makes them act as one, all kinds of liabilities, regulations and angry stockholders are going to come at him.

7 Likes

Some good suggestions there, though there’s no chance the US government will stop using SpaceX as there is simply no alternative heavy lift rocket currently flying than Falcon 9/Heavy. Neither Vulcan and New Glenn have yet shown they can reliably launch material at the pace needed by the US military, and they aren’t allowed to go to foreign providers like Arianespace for many purposes.

However, there’s nothing to stop the US government nationalising SpaceX as an essential national security provider. If they’re malicious, I’m sure there’s a workaround to ensure it is done without compensation.

6 Likes

Oh! Had a thought!

You can’t own people.
You can own companies.
Companies aren’t people. QED.

6 Likes

10 Likes

I assume those terminals send some sort of broad beam ping to find and acquire new satellites. So it’s not just Elon who can track the ship, but any sufficiently motivated state actor.

10 Likes

It’d be easy to make a “Starlink killer” missile or drone that locks on to the specific signals.

Uncontrolled radio/information beacons in a military environment are a really bad idea.

See also: troops with cell phones.

Hopefully there are standing orders, and a crew person assigned with a hammer, for when they need tighter sigint discipline. (Too late, because you always need tight sigint discipline.)

9 Likes
7 Likes

“Concerning.”

7 Likes

Musk’s biggest enemy is the billionaire in his mirror.

8 Likes

What do you get if you light a candle and chant “Peter Thiel Peter Thiel Peter Thiel” three times?

5 Likes

Your blood stolen?

7 Likes
6 Likes

We need some cockroaches to whisper in his ear: “What if we turn all the trillions of future babies into biofuel?”

But I doubt there would be any difference.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Just a quarter? The decline in users gave me some hope, like this article about leaving Twitter/X, but then I read this:

So I joined the rival platform Mastodon, but fast realised that I would never get 70,000 followers on there like I had on Twitter. It wasn’t that I wanted the attention per se, just that my gang wasn’t varied or noisy enough.

So, it’s toxic, but some folks stay for the constant validation from strangers online and engagement :moneybag:. Also, there’s toxicity everywhere - not just on X (or promoted by Musk alone). Oh, and regulation of large groups of people is impossible anyway…
:roll_eyes: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

8 Likes
5 Likes

Wow, it’s two great tastes that taste gr-- sorry, I can’t.

For @Mindysan33:

3 Likes

Addicts make endless excuses.

5 Likes