Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

4 Likes

yeah, unfortunately and even with the best efforts on part of admins, mastodon is far from being hate free. Some have found ways to ā€œgameā€ the system to make more difficult to be sanctioned (havenā€™t seen it myself, but heard things like posting and deleting, or using the api to post using a fake ID so the user looks the same but is not linked to the account, so banning does nothingā€¦) or using the classic social tactics like concern driving trollies that some admins are wary to ban. Or when the community doesnā€™t agree where to draw the line - bringing up cases like what happened with a fairly large early mastodon lgbt friendly community where the admin asked not to write death threats to people who bought the harry potter game, which caused the community to call him a collaborator and escalated quickly into name calling and death threating and ended up with the admin imploding and closing the community - people tend to forget that mastodon is not managed by corporations with all the good and bad that brings with it.

I still find it a scale more manageable than X. But Iā€™m not famous, I donā€™t seek fame there, and Iā€™m not selling or promoting anything. I think if I was trying to do any of those (and there are valid reasons to - ie: public figures, artists, etc) mastodon is a poor match.

2 Likes

[POLITICO Europe: ā€œXā€™s vice president of global affairs Nick Pickles is leaving the company, he said.ā€ ā€” Bluesky (bsky.app)]

4 Likes

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/brazilians-split-over-x-suspension-poll-shows-2024-09-05/

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/brazil-justice-asks-full-supreme-court-review-challenge-x-ban-2024-09-05/

5 Likes
3 Likes

8 Likes

Did the things in X get sour?

6 Likes

Iā€™m assuming that X getting halted in Brazil is related to their international lobbyist leaving, but to be honest I donā€™t really know. I just couldnā€™t pass up the chance for the joke.

4 Likes

So do I.

3 Likes
6 Likes

ETA

5 Likes

Twitter!

Edith Pritchett, Washington Post

14 Likes

I thumbed up but tbh thatā€™s based on two year old information. I have no idea whatā€™s going on in the Nazi bar now.

3 Likes

(1 minute long)

8 Likes
5 Likes

posted above somewhere too. and still good :hugs:

1 Like

16 Likes

Thatā€™s a twist on the old tale, but we live in modern times. :+1:

bf36623cdb5965bc19cd26a069901186

8 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes