Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

Managers were recently told to provide a list of people who ought to be promoted, says one former staff member still in touch with some who remain working. Little did they realise they were signing their own death warrant: many of those managers were subsequently fired and replaced by those they’d recommended, as part of a cost-cutting drive.

ETA: Non-paywalled version here

7 Likes

Paywalled. However, I do have to admire a site that pops up a Samsung ad that completely covers the entire “Subscribe now” pop-up after 2 seconds

Sorry, I think my browser is set up to skip that particular paywall so I didn’t even know it was there.

Does this one work? If it does, I’ll edit it in the post.

5 Likes

It does! Thanks!

2 Likes

I once opened a car visibly identical to mine with my key. :man_shrugging:

10 Likes
8 Likes

…and when was he ever wrong with his predictions?

give up GIF

11 Likes

Reaction Middle Finger GIF

12 Likes

I think Elon is confused on the timeline of Hitler’s takeover of Germany. Also if he goes to prison for any amount of time, TFG is dying there. He will not be able to hack it

4 Likes

4 Likes

There are a bunch of comments expecting that this is Twitter looking for free development from its users, or this will allow people to make anything go viral. I still await proof that whatever they publish will be in any way related to what they run. If they publish anything.

6 Likes

Sure Jan GIF

8 Likes

Are we sure he wasn’t riffing off “I voted for Kodos”?

I mean, that would be even more stupid and lacking in self-awareness, and I sincerely doubt that he’s well educated or intelligent enough to make the connection.

But now someone on the internet has, I’m sure he’ll be along to claim that’s what he meant all along any minute now.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure that he’s never stepped inside a voting booth. At least not in 20 years.

8 Likes

… the meme goes back a lot farther than that

4 Likes

Someone’s starting his new fan fiction platform.

9 Likes

… I’m not sure he knows what “A.I.” is :confused:

5 Likes

i think he means al. from accounting. al’s going to be reviewing all tweets from now on

( which really, considering the computing power that ai needs, and that twitter isn’t paying any of their bills. who’s going to give them new machines with expensive requirements. al is much cheaper )

4 Likes
4 Likes

Tesla is facing a fresh pair of proposed class action lawsuits, and not due to vehicle safety: this time it’s all about the rights, or lack thereof, that Tesla owners have to repair their vehicles on their own terms.

The dual cases, filed Tuesday [PDF] and Wednesday [PDF] of this week, both allege that Tesla is guilty of violating antitrust laws by essentially forcing consumers to come directly to it for service and parts.

[…]

4 Likes