Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

They should just build a dome, like on his fantasy Mars.

4 Likes

Given Elonā€™s famous attention to detail, and making a simplifying assumption about wind direction, Iā€™m going to guess somewhere around 50/50.

4 Likes

What? Ford sold more than 61,000 EVs in the US last year, second only to Tesla.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-01-05/ford-more-than-doubles-electric-vehicle-sales-as-it-chases-tesla

4 Likes

1 Like

Twitter to end verification system that gave blue check marks to notable accounts

3 Likes

shocked philip j fry GIF

2 Likes

Wonder what Stephen King is going to end up doing. He said he wouldnā€™t pay, so I wonder if Elmo will give in

heā€™ll never sell another book, obviously

Heh. I remember when the yokes were first introduced some Tesla fans posted videos of themselves driving these cars, trying very, very hard to stay enthusiastic about the idea even after experiencing how much they sucked. But you could tell their hearts werenā€™t in it.

8 Likes

But it looked cool!

To a 12 year old boy.

5 Likes

Sounds about right. Musk was about 11 when Knight Rider premiered on television. But maybe he was 12 by the time it made it to South Africa?

8 Likes

Jackā€™s lack of surprise.

(Not that Sam Altman can be called ā€œdodging a bulletā€.)

2 Likes

At least KITT didnā€™t have touchscreens.

5 Likes

Maybe the prices wouldnā€™t be so empty if he didnā€™t fire everybody?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Heā€™ll charge you a monthly fee to hide the blue check mark youā€™re paying a monthly fee for.

6 Likes

I should clarify:

I meant early on when options were limited, say 2010-2013-ish.

Back then there were choices, but no manufacturer was really pushing their line-up.

Save for the Prius, every US automobile seller didnā€™t really push their electric offerings. Ford & Chevy offered full electric vehicles. Ford & Lexus also offered hybrids. There are a ton of others.

I am part of the problem; I own a 2016 Focus when I could have opted for the electric version

Amusing, but Iā€™m not a Russian plant. Besides, I donā€™t see the Trabant in this list. (I was born in Germany).

1 Like

Letā€™s check in how things are going for Mr. Free Speechā€™s company

The blocked Twitter accounts include those belonging to journalists Pieter Friedrich, Sandeep Singh, Kamaldeep Singh Brar, and Gagandeep Singh; Canadian politician Jagmeet Singh and poet Rupi Kaur; and pro-Khalistan member of parliament Simranjit Singh Mann. A number of these accounts, which include prominent Sikh voices in the diaspora, were putting out credible information amid the current turmoil in Punjab.

5 Likes

Elon Muskā€™s next big revenue bet is that companies really, really, really want to show up as ā€œverified.ā€ All evidence suggests that very few Twitter users are interested in paying Elon $8/month to constantly break the site or engage in ego-driven experiments that make the general experience worse.

A few weeks ago, we found out that heā€™s trying to get organizations to pay $42,000 a month to access the Twitter API, and maybe that was just a framing technique. Because >Twitter has announced the next round of its check mark program, which begins with deleting the ā€œlegacyā€ checkmark holders (which, honestly, to many of us is a huge relief), but also telling businesses and organizations they need to pay $1,000/month if they want to keep their checkmark.

2 Likes