Fuck Today, Continued

Looks like the Atlanta area is going to get this one, too.

12 Likes

My better half just told me that there is a tornado warning out in Stone Mountain… which I’m about to have to drive through in a bit… :grimacing:

13 Likes

Stay safe! I stayed at work, which means a later arrival home, but a safer building.

12 Likes

Damn. I do appreciate our mountains around us here!

11 Likes

Stay safe. If the sky turns green, get to cover.

12 Likes

The mountains help, but y’all have your share. My parents watched the Rocky Mount tornado in 2019, and there was the one that tore down I81 in 2011 down by Abingdon.

8 Likes

Main difference is we don’t get the long run tornadoes. They can only be on the ground a short while before the get broken up. That’s how I know about the green skies! We’ve seen a couple. But nothing like you flatlanders get. :grin:

13 Likes

True. And those green skies give you a soul-churning, lizard-brain “danger, danger, danger” feeling that you cannot forget.

9 Likes

Thanks @anon33932455 and @docosc! I did hit a wall of water while driving through that area, but got back home safe! It’s now just raining…

16 Likes

yay-yas

9 Likes
13 Likes

OMG, so much of this!!!
I cannot tell you how many parents saw an ad and now want their kid of the latest and greatest. In my field this is usually mental health drugs, but in adult medicine it is pretty much everything.
It is nice to actually have data to argue from, instead of just rolling my eyes.

27 Likes

It’s almost like applying capitalism to healthcare is a bad idea somehow. :scream_cat:

24 Likes

Yep. My wife hears this all the time. She cannot prescribe, but she recommends to a psychiatrist who almost always goes with what she recommends. The number of people who come in and say “my kid needs to be on Vivance!” To which my wife says “that’s for ADHD, you kid isn’t exhibiting those symptoms.” And the parents get mad and leave.

Stupid commercials.

18 Likes

Ever since their development people have insisted on antibiotics for everything, whether or not they are going to be useful. I routinely get ads for drugs that consist of nothing more than a group of smiling people saying “I was so happy to start using drug!” They never even say what the drug is supposed to treat.

3 Likes

Follow-up!

Archive version: archive.ph

13 Likes
10 Likes

Good to know, I guess?

6 Likes

Where you gonna be when the whip comes down?

6 Likes

Wow so growing up in tornadoland prepared me well!

10 Likes