Fuck Today, Continued

So I’m right in assuming – I will read the article next, I promise! – that the correct answer is in the basement against the deepest underground wall, preferably without windows nearby?

10 Likes

Good thing we are putting in a nice, deep basement, then, ain’t it?

dr strangelove film GIF

7 Likes

No, the authors of the study are from Cyprus where, it would seem, they not only don’t have basements, the walls are presumably of some sort of local stone that doesn’t cave in when hit with a nuclear blast. :thinking:

Go figure… :person_shrugging:

8 Likes

So this horrific thing happened the other day. Incredible.

Restaurant in Bowling Green, KY, surprises guests by playing video footage of the Breonna Taylor murder and a guest lecture by one of the killers.

16 Likes

how high wtf GIF

White people… getting off on lynching Black Americans since for-fucking-ever…

Angry Star Trek GIF

But… can I say the person narrating that being a bit more upset that her dinner was “rudely” interrupted than the group was literally showing a lynching for entertainment is kind of white, too… :unamused:

18 Likes

df940321

15 Likes

What the actual fuck?

15 Likes

Season 4 Nbc GIF by The Good Place

And yeah, most often the white ones in particular.

14 Likes

That struck me too. ‘Morals aside’… how about no? This review reads like what I’d write if a group showing a horror movie or something took over the restaurant, not like it was showing a fucking racist execution. And you bet your ass I’d be trying to ‘Cancel Anna’s’.

13 Likes

I feel like the person was probably trying to make sure their complaint wouldn’t be deleted as “political” or whatever, so they kept going back to the specifics of how the dining experience justified their low rating of the restaurant.

But, I’ve been known to be wrong before!

15 Likes

Debbie Reynolds Halloween GIF by filmeditor

10 Likes

Made the national news, now.

15 Likes

So fucking gross… This shit reminds me of the history of lynching postcards (and those weren’t even the worst “souvenirs” from this practice).

When was working on my phd, I took a class with one of our older profs (who has since passed away, RIP Dr. Rouse) on the history of Black women… she told us a story about putting together a exhibit for the Apex museum, down on Auburn Ave about lynching postcards. As a Black woman and historian, she was working hard to maintain objective distance on the subject matter - difficult. The time came to open the exhibit to the public. She was walking the very first group through, discussing the different aspects of the exhibit… they stopped at a table display, and one of the members of the group, an older man, looked down at a display, pointed at one of the cards and said “that’s my grandfather”… she might have said uncle, I might be mis-remembering

Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

Needless to say her wall of objectivity fell apart immediately…

18 Likes

That’s horrific. But I have to ask if the person was pointing at someone in the crowd, or at the person who was lynched?

5 Likes

It was the person being lynched for sure.

13 Likes

Agreed. IMO, folks who treat the torture and murder of others as entertainment (and lionize the perpetrators) belong in…

firefly sheperd GIF

14 Likes
16 Likes

That poor woman.

15 Likes

Follow up

Archive version: archive.ph

21 Likes

Good for him.

Hell Yeah Damages GIF

15 Likes