Fuck Today, Continued

3 Likes
4 Likes

Companies, plural.
Over chemicals that have poisoned every corner of the entire planet.
In a settlement that’ll wipe away substantial culpability.
For a price they’ll each recover in the next fiscal quarter.

No paywall: https://archive.ph/omJ9I

ETA:

2 Likes
8 Likes

Number one rule in business, big or small.

big brother GIF by Pop TV

13 Likes

re: deletion, wow. talk about the unexpected benefits of maternity leave and working from home(!)

( the article mentions that pixar remade the entire fillm a few months later anyway; but fails to point out they still needed all of the models, and other data used to build the thing. so even though they ultimately didn’t use the footage she had; she still saved the movie )

i wonder if it was the not huge success of lightyear which led to the firing…

7 Likes

bug bites all over my arm

itchy itchy itchy

fucking bugs :mosquito: :mosquito: :mosquito:

7 Likes

Strictly speaking not a Haiku, but I like it.

11 Likes

Bug bites all over
itchy itchy itchy fuck
fucking bug season

16 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

People spoke against it for FOURTEEN HOURS, and still they voted yes on this shit…

joanna lumley rage GIF

Pics from the AJC…

5 Likes
3 Likes

Pro Tip: Salt added to the mix will damage concrete over time by lowering the pH levels, and creating acidic damage over time and increasing pore size contributing to damage from freeze/thaw cycles.

So, I hope nobody gets this idea to sabotage Cop City’s construction. :wink:

I Dont Think So No Way GIF by UFC

7 Likes
9 Likes

More coverage of this Cop City travesty:

My first thoughts were it would be a shame if the facility developed “sick building syndrome” and what’s the opposite of sage smudging? :thinking:

Stabbing American Horror Story GIF by AHS

5 Likes

I’ll have to listen to that this evening… I’m really upset over this. It’s just awful for the people who live around there…

7 Likes

That isn’t fog or haze, its smoke wafting from Canadian wildfires coming down the Hudson River towards NJ.

Holy Shit!!

6 Likes

Where forests grow is based on temperature, and that’s changed, so now some are in the wrong place. And so those will burn away like this every year until the forests match the temperature zones again…unless of course those keep changing, in which case they will have to keep burning too.

But hey, companies like Exxon have been getting good money out of making sure things came to this, and apparently having the whole continent choke every summer is a small price to pay for that. :rage:

6 Likes