Fuck Today, Continued

I work outside for one of my jobs.

6 Likes

Yikes. Stay safe.

11 Likes
3 Likes

Rain, and the local council not cleaning out the drains because the Tories wonā€™t give them the money to do it (Oxford hasnā€™t elected a single Conservative to the council in over 20 years).

9 Likes

Thereā€™s not such thing as a natural disasterā€¦ :rage:

Iā€™m sorry.

7 Likes
3 Likes

She saw a street sign for Juarez in El Paso & shot the driver in the head.

2 Likes

So, stand your ground?

/s

2 Likes

Doesnā€™t seem like it, with $1 million bond. This woman doesnā€™t look like the other folks in the news shooting people and allowed to get out of jail easily, either. Weā€™ll see how this case goes, in comparison to other terrible reports of unarmed people being shot because folks are afraid.

7 Likes

Copas told police she shot the driver because she believed she was being taken to Mexico, rather than the requested destination.

Tissue thin excuse. You canā€™t just drive into Mexico. You have to pass the border stations. Sure, checks on people leaving are less stringent than checks on people coming in but riding as a passenger in a car would give someone time to get out or signal for help.
Or hell, pull out her damned phone and check the route? Or ask the driver to stop at the closest lit gas station or store? Or menace him with the gun so he pulls over and lets her out?
So many options before shooting someone in the head.

9 Likes

Itā€™s interesting that theyā€™ve moved from banning ā€œvulgar contentā€ to judging which vulgar content is acceptable.

The Bible has significant, serious value for minors which outweighs the violent or vulgar content it contains

Interesting, not surprising. But I wonder if this opens them to legal challenges.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I hate this timeline. I hate it so muchā€¦

9 Likes
3 Likes
8 Likes

The current shortage was triggered late last year when the Food and Drug Administration inspected a drug manufacturing facility owned by Intas Pharmaceuticals in Ahmedabad, India. Inspectors found egregious violations. Afterward, Intas voluntarily shut down the facility, which had supplied around half of the generic cisplatin and carboplatin in the US.
The stunning inspection report, released in January, leaves no doubt as to why the plant was shut down. In addition to various manufacturing violations, including laboratory and quality control problems, inspectors reported finding a truck 150 meters from the facility loaded with plastic bags full of shredded and torn documents. When the inspector dug into the documents, they realized they were quality-control documents and analytical weight slips.
In another instance, the inspection report notes that an employee, upon learning the FDA inspectors were walking through the quality-control lab, ran to the balance room and ā€œimmediately rushed and tore apart balance printouts along with Auto Titrator spectrums and threw the torn pieces into the small trash container located next to the balance. Later, he threw [redacted] acid solution inside the same trash in an attempt to destroy the evidence.ā€ The bag of torn, acid-soaked reports was later found stuffed under a staircase.

I have ranted previously about ow profit motivation has no place in health care. My wife and I are both cancer survivors, so this hits home. I donā€™t claim to have a fix, but DAMNIT, people will die over this. Is that not worth something??

ETA: Not just US

5 Likes

Ugh, that really is infuriating. And scary.

Reminds me also of some generic medications that Iā€™ve taken, having also had the original name brand one. Sometimes Iā€™d swear that the generic version doesnā€™t work as well.

9 Likes
1 Like

There is not a gif ragy or sad enough for that story. Holy shit, people suckā€¦

9 Likes

What the everlovingā€¦ like I canā€™t even. What the hell did she think was going to happen leaving her kid ALONE for 10 DAYS?! Aaaaaa!

what the mafs GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

8 Likes