Fuck Today, Continued

“Justice” is served, some 557 days after this POS raped a young woman while she was vomiting drunk in a bathroom. And, as one might expect, this POS will serve no jail time.

Four of the charges – all the charges of rape – were dismissed. He pled guilty to one charge of felonious criminal confinement. He was sentenced to 545 days in jail, given credit for two days already served, and the remaining 543 days were suspended. He was given a “no contact” order, and will be on probation for one year. Also $185 in court costs.

Now, I cannot know the state of the victim’s mind. Maybe she wanted this over with, which would be understandable give how US courts treat rape victims.

But this shit makes me ill.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t want to ruin the future of this “fine young man.” We can only hope that this is the first thing that comes up when a future employer Googles his name. I mean, she was drunk, that’s like begging to be raped, right? What was he supposed to do? Control his virile manhood?

Angry Jon Bernthal GIF by NETFLIX

9 Likes

BBC News - North Korea: Residents tell BBC of neighbours starving to death

3 Likes

Not a lawyer, but I worked for 5 years as a rape victim advocate and thus can tell you this: it doesn’t matter what the victim wants, it’s the state/district attorney’s office that makes all the calls, including whether or not the case is even brought to trial. It’s good to have the victim testify, but even that isn’t technically required.

17 Likes

Yeah, then this is even more disgusting.

10 Likes

He needs to be on a list, and I’m guessing since the rape charges were dropped, he won’t be. :rage:

6 Likes

So does the judge, and anyone else in the system who supported this outcome. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

10 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

angry the simpsons GIF

3 Likes

BBC News - Uganda school attack: 40 killed by militants linked to Islamic State group

2 Likes

So, I have something lined up. Pay is much less than I was making before, but at this point in my career, I don’t think that is as important as enjoying what I do. And I think I will with this new position…

18 Likes

Great news!

10 Likes

The site will become the sixth Center City Wawa to shutter since 2020.

:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

4 Likes

BBC News - Greece boat disaster: Ship tracking casts doubt on Greek Coastguard’s account

5 Likes
4 Likes

10 Likes

Sad Kristen Bell GIF

12 Likes

The ground floor of my house has just flooded. We have the fire brigade pumping out water outside right now.

Thankfully the living room is on the first floor, but this is going to be a big insurance claim

9 Likes

Was it caused by rain, plumbing disaster, or sewage backup? Here in the US, not all forms of flooding are covered by insurance in every case.

3 Likes