Fuck Today, Continued

To be fair, there’s mostly corporations in the City of London (which is the main financial area in London, similar to referring to “Wall Street”).

It’s not actually the entire metropolitan city they’re talking about.

6 Likes

Oddly enough Seaford and the City of London have a population of about 8 000 each.

4 Likes

Screaming Dying Inside GIF

7 Likes

Coulda been worse.

1 Like

That would be the death of the last non-right wing paper in Toronto. American-owned Postmedia already owns the Toronto Sun and the National Post, with central editorial control, and the Globe and Mail isn’t exactly a progressive alternative view from that.

3 Likes

Midwest in the U.S. now…

5 Likes

Yup, the Eau d’Fireplace is back in the valley as well. As soon as the rain moved out, the smoke moved back in. Getting lots of calls for inhaler refills right about now.

8 Likes

On Wednesday afternoon at approximately 4 p.m., a stabbing incident occurred toward the end of PHIL 202: Gender Issues in Hagey Hall. According to the Waterloo Regional Police Services three individuals were sent to hospital and the suspect was apprehended.

Jinming Li, an arts and business student in the class, was an eyewitness to the event. According to Li, a man of about 20-30 years of age entered the class and asked the professor what the class was about. The man closed the door, pulled two knives out of his backpack and proceeded to attack the professor.

1 Like

Fucking hell.

Goddamn Qanon MAGAts and their stochastic terrorism.

11 Likes
8 Likes

Remember those drowned people? Who were on that boat which wasn’t secure to be on?

No, not that one. The other one.

4 Likes

Since 2019, there have been at least 100 gray whale strandings from Mexico to Alaska, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). In 2023 there have already been 63.

In a typical year, Washington would experience 4-6 whale strandings; it has already experienced that many in June.

The population had been severely depleted by decades of commercial whaling, putting them in danger of going extinct.

Over the previous seven years, the population has decreased by over 40% after recovering to a new high point.

2 Likes

Angry Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

3 Likes

Angry Lilo And Stitch GIF

11 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

With a shout-out to @Mindysan33 , our resident scholar in the filed of modern music history. (Musical history? History of music? Contemporary? Modern? Postmodern? Metamodern? IDK, something in that line. I suppose.)

FTR: fuck Lindemann and his dudebro persona, and the toxic masculinity of the whole Rammstein concept.

7 Likes

They’ve always been a cut-rate Laibach if you ask me…

8 Likes

I used to argue that the problem lay with the fans not reflecting the artistic means critically, i.e. just celebrating fascistoid aesthetics without any any idea why this might be problematic.

I think that argument is now a bit damaged.

4 Likes