Fuck Today, Continued

High in fiber. Nutritious, and good for you. Oh, and organic, too!

2 Likes

The rest of the band started out in a punk band called Feeling B, who did all they could to be mainstream and acceptable in East Germany in the 1980s - at the exact same time there was a violent crackdown on the hardcore scene thereā€¦ Theyā€™ve always had somewhat problematic politicsā€¦

8 Likes

I wasnā€™t aware of that. The history of music in the GDR is really interesting, because it was ALWAYS politicised, and thus inherently political.

3 Likes

Here is a good overview of the history of the HC scene in East Germanyā€¦

At one point the East German government is supporting the rise of right wing skinheads to try and destroy the more leftist punk sceneā€¦

10 Likes
1 Like

kaleā€™s a staple in my household.

fortunately, according to the article, they looked at kale because they thought it would be the least problematic. and since they havenā€™t studied other vegetables, it still could be!

:crying_cat_face:

2 Likes

US-centricā€“

9 Likes

We are dog-sitting our friendsā€™ JackChis, and between the sirens and the bottle rockets it has been challenging for them.

6 Likes

had to look up ā€œJackChiā€ and it is, as expected, a mix of two rambunctious, high-strung ankle biters that seem like they would be more than a handful to keep.
all power to you on your missionā€¦

8 Likes

Unfortunately for them we live near a fire station. They are very cute, but they can be biters. Iā€™m usually a big dog person, so itā€™s an adjustment. The fact that my husband and I have both been bitten and we still like the little pups makes our friends feel better about leaving them with us.

8 Likes

they are cute!
loves me some doggos, but i havenā€™t the energy required to give them what they need in terms of play, run and exercise time.
now itā€™s the quiet life of aloof, yet demanding, petulant cats.
:heart: :dog2: :heart: :cat2:

so, on topic: fuck today that i can no longer run with the doggos.

8 Likes

You could get a 3-legged dog to make the race more even!

7 Likes

But you swim with the sharks.

Which is much more impressive.

8 Likes

funny you should say thatā€¦
this is BabyCat, our three-legged kitty.
i have a special love for her!

@KathyPartdeux , thank you. loves me some sharks, too!

Heart Smile GIF by Shark Week

10 Likes

Jack Russell x chihuahua? Great, rat crossed with piranha crossed with a crack addict. Sounds lovely. Iā€™ll stick with our little Clara Belle, thank you.

6 Likes

Our snake is sounding sweeter and sweeter by the minute!

(She is VERY sweet. I just wish she had fur.)

12 Likes

Iā€™m a long time lurker here, and although this thread is called fuck today, you guys here are all so supportive of each other. Itā€™s lovely to see.

6 Likes

People have been popping off fireworks in the neighborhood every night this weekend. The cats are intrigued and a little freaked so far. It will be unpleasant tonight. They will either hide under the bed or crowd onto me. Iā€™ve considered dosing them with the meds for going to the vet to get blood taken, but they take a long time to wear off, pilling itself is stressful, and their coping mechanisms seem to work alright.
Plus I have to work tomorrow and the kid has camp. The noise will not help

I despise home fireworks and they are illegal here in city limits. But getting ppl fined means calling the police. Iā€™m not willing to risk someoneā€™s life over fireworks. Our city cops are not known for violent reactions. But they are still cops.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve been half tempted to go on Next Door and post ā€œI heard the cops are using drones with IR imaging to go after fireworks. Youā€™ll get a fine in the mailā€

9 Likes

Thatā€™s the thing. If it were limited to one night per year, I think most people with cats and dogs would be okay with it. However, sometime in the last 15 years it became 1-2 weeks of noise, injuries and fires. You also know something is bad when thereā€™s an entire industry marketing anti-anxiety pet products during one particular holiday. Yay, capitalism. :rage:

9 Likes