9 Likes
4 Likes

Sesame Street Reaction GIF by Muppet Wiki

Damnit Richard.

8 Likes

Damn - the iPhone 12.

5 Likes

for lack of a better thread, the ensh*tification of unity continues:

they’ve changed their fees retroactively. maybe you’ve already shipped a game? oh well. :person_shrugging: now you have to start paying, even if you’re offering free copies or someone pirated your game

In a late Tuesday post on the Unity forums, though, a spokesperson clarified the company’s legal position on the change after consulting with a lawyer, saying:

Our terms of service provide that Unity may add or change fees at any time. We are providing more than three months advance notice of the Unity Runtime Fee before it goes into effect. Consent is not required for additional fees to take effect, and the only version of our terms is the most current version; you simply cannot choose to comply with a prior version.

( emphasis mine )

2 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/14/us/virginia-york-county-hot-car-death/index.html

The child and dog were left in the car from around 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday when the heat index was at least 100 degrees, Montgomery said.

Graham is a frequent caretaker of the child and had been watching her for two days, Montgomery said. The child’s mother is a 17-year-old and has been in touch with authorities.

Graham had taken the child and dog to a friend’s house around 1 a.m. that morning in Newport News to drop off cigarettes and juice picked up from a gas station, and stayed at the house for a few hours before heading back into York County around 8 a.m., the sheriff said.

When they arrived back at Graham’s residence, she rolled up the windows and turned the car off before entering the home and falling asleep, according to Montgomery. Graham initially told the sheriff’s office that she stayed in the vehicle with the child and dog when arriving back at her residence, but Montgomery says their investigation suggests that to not be true.

Graham was woken up around 2:30 p.m. by a phone call, which was when she found the child and dog both deceased in the car, Montgomery said.

At 4 p.m., the sheriff’s office received a call that an 80-year-old man arrived at the emergency room of a nearby hospital with the deceased child in a black plastic bag, Montgomery said. The 80-year-old lived at the same residence as Graham.

1 Like

Holy shit…

1 Like

angry the simpsons GIF

6 Likes

Working tests would be bad enough…but what do you think that chances are that they’re actually specific to the compounds in question, versus having lots of potential for false positives? Because I don’t think the people using these would care about false positives. :angry:

10 Likes

Talking The Muppets GIF by ABC Network

8 Likes

What the fucking hell!?!

Alison Brie No GIF by Crave

4 Likes
2 Likes

Angry Star Trek GIF

5 Likes

“Just released after 47 days in the NICU…” There is not a deep enough pit of hell for this creep. You know what i do. I see this IRL often enough to be just enraged by this, but also to know that this was not this guy’s first go-round for this sort of thing. I hope the people who covered for him and enabled him are not sleeping tonight.

4 Likes

There are things I wanted to say about this, but I just shouldn’t say. :rage:

8 Likes

Yeah I’m gonna walk away from this and take a deep breath.

Fuck.

@docosc and other medical and social workers who see these kinds of things way too frequently I don’t know how you hold it together.

7 Likes
2 Likes