Fuck Today, Continued

Arrived in one piece, no incidents. Second leg bumped back to the next day. American Airlines is a shambles.

13 Likes
10 Likes

It’s true. I learned about it from this nature documentary.

8 Likes

But my Brita pitcher will protect, right? :disappointed_relieved:

https://truthout.org/articles/hundreds-of-toxic-chemicals-are-coursing-through-our-tap-water-new-report-says/

Compared to the previous (2019) update to the database, which identified 268 chemicals in America’s water utilities, the new database added 56 new chemicals. These substances are new PFAS or emerging pollutants, such as pesticides and radioactive material, that are currently monitored by the federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) under the agency’s Unregulated Contaminant Monitoring Rule. However, these substances have yet to receive any legal limits, thwarting the water systems’ impetus to tackle the contamination, according to EWG.

Currently, the EPA regulates more than 90 contaminants in drinking water, a fraction of the agency’s inventory of more than 85,000 chemicals that fall under the Toxic Substances Control Act. The EPA’s Office of Water has not added any new substances to its regulated list since 2006.

12 Likes

You might want to watch this… :grimacing:

9 Likes

Thanks, but maybe tomorrow. No point in reducing the possibility of getting a halfway decent sleep tonight :unamused:

7 Likes
14 Likes

They hosed down the highway for construction in a freeze. PennDot defined.

11 Likes

Anti-maskers protesting outside my kids school this morning. There were four of them, two women, both white, carrying “masks are the new segregation” and “my body, my choice” signs really made my blood boil. The other idiots pointed their stupidity away from me, so all I could see was an American flag.

I’m trying to manage my anger better but so help me dog, I wanted to jump out of the car and lay into them with a jack handle.

ETA that since the school passed the vaccination threshold last week, masks aren’t even required.

The stupid, it burns.

21 Likes

Angry Hate GIF

16 Likes

He had huge influence on the comics I read and games I play.

10 Likes

It’s not that I like Amazon or Visa, but I am disabled and still can’t go to local shops because of my immune system. I don’t get to change to another debit card that easily.

In two months time things will get a lot harder for me and other disabled people in the UK because of this bullshit capitalist posturing. Fuck you to both of you.

21 Likes

jack black wtf GIF

9 Likes

Visa say debit cards will still be accepted, and it looks like it’s a pissing match over card processing fees. I would be surprised if this isn’t sorted out.

6 Likes
15 Likes

Whats Going On Wtf GIF by Hunters

13 Likes

I don’t know. But I suggest we head in a north easterly direction if this heats up.

11 Likes

Amazon is setting itself up to “sort this out” by
first turning the middle man handling the payments into something that makes money for Amazon for a transition phase
and then getting rid of the middle man handling the payments completely in the long run.

Probably by first embracing, then assimilating Mastercard while simultaneously pushing away Visa, Amex, etc etc.

6 Likes

Amazon tells folks it will stop accepting UK Visa credit cards via weird empty email

[…]

The online souk will still accept Visa debit cards, but many Brits purposefully use credit cards for big online purchases because it can protect you from fraud. Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, the credit card company is jointly and severally liable for any breach of contract or misrepresentation by the retailer or trader. This means punters can make a claim with the credit card provider to get their money back for goods or services, provided they cost more than £100 and less than £30k.

[…]

We’re sure Amazon’s move to restrict payments on Visa credit cards has nothing to do with its own Platinum Mastercard service.

[…]

6 Likes
9 Likes